IAC read 0

dadmomcat

Just put in a scanmaster, most of the reading are in the good range. But the IAC is reading 0 in park and at operating temperature. The IAC motor is new w/ about a 1000 miles. I try to raise the IAC number by turning the throttle stop screw counter clock wise ( closing the throttle blade ) but the screw is already inside the housing. It is a 70 MM kenny bell set up. Could the material or boss of the dog house need to be file down ???

The TPS is set at .46 and the MAF is 05. Any ideas ??? or is the the dog house too thick.

Thanks

Well, on all Turbo Regal throttle bodies I've seen, turning the screw clockwise (looking at it from the head end) opens the throttle more, which will decrease your IAC numbers (maybe that's why they're 0).
Turning the screw CCW or backing it out will close the throttle plate some, and should cause the IAC numbers to increase. BUT, and that's a big BUT, every full turn of the throttle screw should be accompanied by a corresponding adjustment to the TPS to keep it in it's proper band (.38-.42). .46 it at the limit of "too high" so you'll want to keep it below that number in any case.

very similar experience when I installed a 70mm KB. Had to go all the way ccw on the throttle stop screw to solve off-idle surging. And still can't get 'normal' IAC counts... only about 5.
I guess if it's running ok then why mess?

Follow the IAC reset procedures on gnttype.org. This should take care of the 0 readings and surging problems if your IAC is still good. I just had to replace my IAC as it was surging at idle and cleaning it and resetting it didn't work. Works great now...

Rob, it worked fine one hour b4 the swap, and following the IAC procedure was of little use, soooooo......
I did manage, however, get the surge to a livable point.

File off alittle on the boss area of the KB throttle, and waited a little longer for the car to warm up ( around 171 F ) and my IAC was reading 10 at idle, and TPS was set at .40, car idle alot better.
Scanmaster is a good tool to have for tuning, just got to figure why my water temp. gauge ( Auto Meter ) runs about 10 f lower then CLT on scanmaster.
Thanks for the help everyone