Iac question

sy1322

well I finally intercooled the 84, and this what I have done, 60lbs, te-60 turbo, ported and polish heads, and modded 84 intake with 86 plenum, and hotwired fuel pump, well im having, some reading on powerlogger, when I run the car, throttle position sensor, reading to high, mass air flow, reading to low, iat or ats, reading to low, and wont idle, my question is that the intake which is front mount now, the iac valve wont bolt up on the bottom of the throttle body, due to the water outlet, so they cover it and gave and external iac, which I have connected with 3/8 hose about 10in long, and drill and tap the throttle body on each side supposedly see if it worked, I was wondering is that the reason for these codes, and the only way I can fix this, is to get a throttle spacer and see if that fixs this, here is a pic of the powerlogger log.

wont let load the pic but here are the readings ecm perameters, ecm afr-14.8 maf 12.0 tps-4.72 iac 140cts, map 0.08 egt 33 intake air-71.6, 02 0.443 block lean values,int 128 and blm 128, all over the place

Powerlogger log

Attachments

• 1430318549020.jpg
    1430318549020.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 108
Thanks but that's not answering my questions, putting an external iac valve, would cause this issue?

I think that you have several issues contributing to it. Why wont your IAC line up or work. Post a pic showing what you mean because I don't really understand what you issue is. What kind of chip do you have?

What Delco is saying is unless the 84/85 is completely opposite of the 86/87, TPS needs to be adjusted to .42ish volts at idle. The ECM is seeing WOT with 4.72 volts. Get idle TPS set and then work on getting the IAC crosscounts adjusted for idle (10-20 is what works for mine).

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

ok so there is three wires on the pigtail of the TPS connector. Cut the outer two and swap them. Solder them together and tape them up and youre good to go

because the 86/87 style tps is exact opposite of the 84/85 sensor. so just don't cut the middle wire. I believe it is green. cant remember

I will keep you guys inform, and delco the 84 intake has been cut, to accommodate a 86,87 throttle body, and the water outlet is about 1/4 to 1/2 of space in between them

well I did what you said sherif, and you the f**king man! it fixed it got the tps at .42 .44, and starts right up, and idle pretty good, but the iac is still a little hight at 140cts, but its running decent, thanks delco really appreciate you guys helping, been trying to figure this for over a week, and 2 f**king wires! geez, still got the issue with the iac valve location, I will figure that out, with the help from you guys, thanks again

Wait what do you mean the iac valve doesn't fit? I don't uderstand you have confused me

I don't have an 86 87 intake like you do, I have an 84 intake that has been cut, and welded a plenum plate or spacer, to the intake so it look like it sits lower, so when the throttle body is mounted, the water outlet and throttle body are so close, I will post some pics so you see,