IAC numbers to high please help.

xtremexnyc

Last night i was trying to adjust my IAC to around 10 to 20. Its currently reading at about 40 at idle. I adjusted the throttle stop screw and i couldn't get the IAC counts to drop. I think i read some where that you need to shut the car down after each 1/4 or 1/2 turn of the screw? Is this correct? Or should i have seen a change in the IAC counts with out turning the car off. I'm going to try and do this again today and just wanted some pointers. TIA.

You're on the right track. After adjusting the screw a notch or so, turn the car off. Then turn the key on (engine off) for about 10 seconds. You'll probably hear the iac motor run & reset itself. After 10 seconds, turn the key off & then crank her up. As you know, you may have to do this a few times until you get the counts where you want them. This worked for me.

I really don't worry a whole lot about the iac#'s unless the rpms are too high for my taste. I believe the iac settings (10-20), aren't all that critical when it comes to engine operation. HTH:)

Thanks Carolinaturbot6 for your informaiton and help. The car is idle's fine right now, it ldle's at 800-875, TPS is set at 42. with the key on engine off and with the engine on it is at 44-46. Do you think i should just leave it alone? or should i go ahead and fine tune it to 10-20 for the IAC. TIA.

Originally posted by xtremexnyc
Thanks Carolinaturbot6 for your informaiton and help. The car is idle's fine right now, it ldle's at 800-875, TPS is set at 42. with the key on engine off and with the engine on it is at 44-46. Do you think i should just leave it alone? or should i go ahead and fine tune it to 10-20 for the IAC. TIA.

Leave it - unless it's rough or stalling, <50 is ok.

My iac are at 30 John if it helps you any, and tps is the same as yours. I followed the procedure in Gnttpe,org site. It was a pain in the ass to do cause i had to loosen my uppipe to get at the iac plug each time.

You seen my car idle so ithink your on the right track, John :)

P.S. and no i have not installed the intercooler fan yet.;)

Hey buddy good to hear from you. Thanks for the help also. And you say your car idles rough. I think its pretty smooth from what i heard and seen:) Yup i thought it would be easy to get the IAC's right. It took me a while but i got it. I'll speak to you some time.

Take care and get that turbo replaced;)