iac all over and blm sky high

1987noblegn

I recently was making a test hit to check my afr correction on my wideband when suddenly at about 93mph the car lost power. It sounded and felt like a combination of a rev limiter shutdown and popping an intercooler tube just not as loud. After I limped the car home I tried to no avail finding the problem. I cant find a vacuum leak. I have plenty of spark and fuel pressure is good. But my iac is jumping all over the place and the blm mostly stays at 150-160 and will sometimes jump down to the 130s. The car idled and ran perfectly fine before this. I tried resetting the iac, ecm, and the Gen 2 translator. While in idle for split seconds periodically she will all of the sudden run fine and then boom go right back to crap. Attached is my power logger file. I am running the Extender Extreme G chip.

Attachments

• test hit8-8-15.dat
    91.4 KB · Views: 66
Can't find a vacuum leak changed plugs and #5 was saturated with fuel. She wants to idle like there's an intercooler pipe off . Ideas please.

thats one way.

ohm check the coilpack also.

post a log idling, perhaps with it going from 'good' to 'not-so-good', perhaps we can spot something.

Bob

thats one way.

ohm check the coilpack also.

post a log idling, perhaps with it going from 'good' to 'not-so-good', perhaps we can spot something.

Bob
For shits and giggles i pulled and checked the iac. I literally good spin the spindle until it almost popped out. So i changed it and reset it along with the tps. She acted a little funny at first. Once I got the blm to around 128 everytime i hit the throttle for a split second blm would jump to 160 and back and forth back to 123 or so. she would do this for 15 seconds and then smooth back out. then the same thing when i first put her into reverse and drive. then she smoothed out again. Then when i gingerly went down the road everytime i gave her gas blm would go to 160 then work its way back to 126 or so. i then cruised for about 15 minutes and she ran perfectly fine. I only got to 5-10 lbs of boost. i was getting slight knock

well the IAC should not cause BLM issues, unless there was some sort of vacuum leak thru it. But if the BLMs were learned wrong, they will take a little drive time to learn back in.

Post a log when you get one.

B

well the IAC should not cause BLM issues, unless there was some sort of vacuum leak thru it. But if the BLMs were learned wrong, they will take a little drive time to learn back in.

Post a log when you get one.

B
Do you want an idle log still? Really appreciate your help! You and Mikes name are all over my car. I also have the TR6