I was wondering if I should make some of these to take to the nats to sell....

SubZero350

To boost or not to boost
I was wondering how many Turbo Regal owners out there who would be interested in buying a converted park avenue digital cluster like the one I installed in my buddy's Turbo-T: http://dtcc.cz28.com/87turbot/parkave.htm

What I would do is buy a few of these up from the junkyard as well as some stock regal clusters and do the conversion and pack it for sale as a plug-and-play operation to the customer. The customer would simply remove their stock cluster and install this one as well as an electronic speed sensor and buffer box (stock GM parts and I could supply) What do you all think? Is there enough of you turbo regal owners to facilitate enough of a market for these and other cluster alternatives? What would you expect to pay for one of these units? Any advice?

Just some questions I need answered before I spend a lot of time and some money making some of these.

how much would u charge?....i would be VERY intrested

Well, cost would be depending on what I can get the parts for plus labor to put them together. I was actually wondering what people would be willing to pay in a ballpark figure so I could determine if it would be worth my while to build these...

dash

what all would be needed if a person went to pull a part and pulled the cluster ??? thanks ted

Would your plug and play kits be alot easier than if I were to do it by your instructions?

How much labor (hours) would it require on our part, lets say for a novice in electronics like myself?

I can't really put a price tag on your work, since I beleive your the only one that has done this and know how much in parts and in labor you'd have to spend.

I couldn't spend more than $100 though.

Let us know how much.
:cool:

Well, therein lies the problem. To buy these units from junk yards out-of-state (since I know of only about 3 or 4 within 1hr of here still left), I would be paying around $50-75 to buy then get it shipped here.

If I offered a plug-and-play setup, it would only require the hooking up of a electronic VSS and buffer box on the end user's part and then just installing the dash into the car using the existing plug.

Obviously, a plug and play setup would be more expensive than a kit that would require more work on the end user's part just because of the time involved and extra modifications needed to make it that simple. Also, the plug and play setup requires the destruction of a stock regal cluster for the housing and that alone increases the cost. I would estimate the cost of a plug and play unit, with 30 warranty and installation instructions as well as electronic VSS sensor and buffer box would all probably run about $500 or so. Sorry for the high cost but it took me about 5-7 hours just to install one into a car.