i think spiders may have inhabited my car

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
well, maybe not yet, but last night i saw this really fat spider crawl my windshield, but then it disappeared, i was hoping it was on the outside and got blown off.

then tonight on my way out to dinner, my girlfriend saw the spider again....

so if there is one, i am sure there is more... anyway for me to kill these punks off?

You have 2 choices:

1) park the car in my driveway 16 degrees this morning.

2) lay out a mouse glue trap. I hate using them for mice but they do trap spiders.

I think Bounce mit also work to repel insects.

fabric softener sheets. spiders are a big problem on sailboats, and the sailboat guys I've known all swear by it.

Originally posted by jastrckl
fabric softener sheets. spiders are a big problem on sailboats, and the sailboat guys I've known all swear by it.

and do what with them? i mean, just put them in my back seat for a while and check it to see if its full of spiders? :confused:

nah the spiders don't like the smell so they stay away. it's sort of like soap or bleach w/ ants. they don't like the stuff so they don't hang around. or mothballs for moths.

Originally posted by jastrckl
Man, I hate spiders! I'm going to Price Club and buying 3 cases of them and hang them on every tree and eve of the house. Damn hairy monsters from hell! Yuck!:mad:

Spiders are cool. Leave them alone. They eat other insects. You don't want your car full of other insects, do you? ;)

Originally posted by lyonsd
Spiders are cool. Leave them alone. They eat other insects. You don't want your car full of other insects, do you? ;)
One word, pesticide! :D I just hate those creepy crawlers! As long as I don't see them they are free to do whatever they want. Out of sight, out of mind.

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
alright, well i will try throwing a couple of those things in there today.... thanks.
Let us know if it works. I might start to wear them around my neck like garlic...:D

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
One word, pesticide! :D I just hate those creepy crawlers! As long as I don't see them they are free to do whatever they want. Out of sight, out of mind.

Yeah don't sweat the ones that crawl on you at night when your asleep:D

Originally posted by striker_29
Yeah don't sweat the ones that crawl on you at night when your asleep:D
That doesn't happen to me, I have a sophisticated spider tracking and elimination system in my house. I'd explain it to you but it's top secret... At least that's what I tell myself each night before I go to sleep! :D

Also, I don't want to hear about the statistic that the average person will swallow 8 spiders in their lifetime. I have convinced myself that this only happens in the southwest....

If spiders were in my car, I'd take a more military approach. Like assault rifles, grenades, bazookas....... I hate them little bastards. Simply repelling them or poisoning them would not suffice. They must be captured, held hostage (to bring out the others), tortured, and then killed by an elaborately over engineered system. One may choose to smash them, but that does not teach them a lesson. You must set an example. I don't care if they eat other insects, because I kill ALL insects, so their position is not needed here. I found some very skinny long legged spiders living under the GN when it sat for awhile. Due to lack of space I had to simply hit them with a hammer. But at least it was an unneccesarily large hammer. :D

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
the average person will swallow 8 spiders in their lifetime.

I don't buy it, unless they're including countries where spiders are part of the normal diet.

Originally posted by turbosam6
If spiders were in my car, I'd take a more military approach. Like assault rifles, grenades, bazookas....... I hate them little bastards. Simply repelling them or poisoning them would not suffice. They must be captured, held hostage (to bring out the others), tortured, and then killed by an elaborately over engineered system. One may choose to smash them, but that does not teach them a lesson. You must set an example. I don't care if they eat other insects, because I kill ALL insects, so their position is not needed here. I found some very skinny long legged spiders living under the GN when it sat for awhile. Due to lack of space I had to simply hit them with a hammer. But at least it was an unneccesarily large hammer. :D

:eek: Spiders are your friends!

Hey Artie!!!
I saw a spider last week on a trip thru Tennessee. Big hairy b@stard that has been holding a grudge for quite a few years now. He stopped me on the highway and asked if I knew anything about a flying Led Zep CD that decapitated his twin brother years ago. SURE!! That was Artie!! I gave him your address. He'll be over soon. You'll recognize him...he's hairer than Grizzly Adams and about as big. ;)

Originally posted by lyonsd
:eek: Spiders are your friends!

Maybe spiders are your friends, but I assure you they are no friends of mine. I prefer friends who do not bite me and cause inflamation and itching. I also prefer non poisonous friends. I say we just find some people safe insecticide and bomb the whole country. Theres no use for bugs period. They feed birds, who just sh!t on my GN. So no use for birds either. No more west nile, no more killer bees, nothing.

I think spiders are cool. I had a huge green job hanging in my mailbox for while this summer. It was very different from local types I've seen. I asked an guy that was an exterminator at a party I was at what it might be. From my discription he said it was a bannana spider. It took off in a few days and I never saw it again. It was awsome. Iridescent green and big.

Originally posted by HurstGN
Hey Artie!!!
I saw a spider last week on a trip thru Tennessee. Big hairy b@stard that has been holding a grudge for quite a few years now. He stopped me on the highway and asked if I knew anything about a flying Led Zep CD that decapitated his twin brother years ago. SURE!! That was Artie!! I gave him your address. He'll be over soon. You'll recognize him...he's hairer than Grizzly Adams and about as big. ;)
For starters, it was Richie that tossed my Led Zeppelin CD's out the window on I-80 at about 90 MPH. I would never harm a Led Zeppelin recording. If the spider is so hairy maybe he and Jim "Platehead" Rome can get together and compare backs... :D

Originally posted by Pronto
I think spiders are cool. I had a huge green job hanging in my mailbox for while this summer. It was very different from local types I've seen. I asked an guy that was an exterminator at a party I was at what it might be. From my discription he said it was a bannana spider. It took off in a few days and I never saw it again. It was awsome. Iridescent green and big.
Interfering with the delivery of the US Mail is a federal offence. That spider should have been given capital punishment with the heel of your boot!