I think my car is gonna be in magazine!

Captain Mark

I had a guy email me today about my car. He said he was with GM high tech performance magazine, saw my car on the recent Power Tour. He took some pics of it and wants to write about it in the magazine. Here is a link:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/

He asked all kinds of questions about the car. I don't kow anything else right now, but I was kinda excited about it!

Click on the link, there is a very BAD turbo Buick in this issue.

Wierd... I asked Rick when a TTA is going to show up in there and he basically said there isn't enough interest to see a TTA or a TY/SY in there.

Good Luck. Represent Well :D

Jim McIlvaine is who contacted me. Don't know any other details yet. I know I didn't see any other TTAs on the power tour. Actually I was amazed that anyone even knew what it was.

He's cool, he writes the articles and does some photography. He is like 7'1 :eek: He has a couple of LS1s.

Nothing like getting your car in a magazine. Had my Chevelle is so many different ones I lost count but it was always a thrill to see it in print.

My best one was when it was on the cover of Super Chevy magazine with a two page color centerfold. Hot Rod also did a two page feature on it.

I became friends with Steve Reyes who used to work for the Argus publishing company and also the late Gray Baskerville of Hot Rod and set up photo shoots for nice cars in CT and they would shoot features when they were in this area.

Once I sold the Chevelle and bought the Buick I sort of blended in with the crowd so no more car mag features.:(

Hope you get your car in there soon.

Jim is a former NBA player. He is pretty well set, he does the car magazine thing for a hobby, his ball playing paid/pays the bills. Rick really has some interest in the turbo cars so don't be surprised if he is interested in doing your car. Personally, I can't believe there hasn't been one in there yet.

That blue T is really nice, I saw it at Nats but I'm partial to this one.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0207gmhtp_crue/

Call me crazy, but it really catches my eye. ;)

I met Jim on the Power Tour when it came to Jackson. He tok a few pictures on my El Camino conversion. I hope it makes it to the mag. BTW he is 7'1". We were riding along beside him when he was taking pics of the Elky, & he was standing up in the back of an 02 camaro ss vert. Man that dude's head almost took out a few low bridges.;) Plus what I can tell he is super nice. I think my neighbor who did the whole PT worried him to death though.:eek: Maybe he will forgive me for that. I believe he comes on the board every now & then.
Bubba Nicholson

Thanks for the kind words guys. I can't make any promises on what will hit the magazine, but when I do event coverage for GMHTP, I always make every effort to load the stories up with pictures of third gens, Buicks, SyTys, B-bodies and basically anything else that isn't a fourth gen Camaro or Firebird.

Originally posted by Jim@GMHTP
Thanks for the kind words guys. I can't make any promises on what will hit the magazine, but when I do event coverage for GMHTP, I always make every effort to load the stories up with pictures of third gens, Buicks, SyTys, B-bodies and basically anything else that isn't a fourth gen Camaro or Firebird.

Finally, someone with some credibility in the media. That is the reason I have stopped buying any magazines. I got really tired of learning how to build a 12 second Camaro with a 350 crate motor. To be honest, I was not familiar with GMHTP, but after checking out the web page http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/ looks like I'll be subscribing to that one. Looks pretty cool. Great write up on the turbo Buick.

I should clarify TTA89,

It's not that there isn't enough interest for Sy/Tys and TTAs––I plan on running stories on all three at some point in the magazine. But since newsstand draw and sales are what determine if a magazine goes monthly or not, we can't focus on them too much due to the low production numbers. An unfortunate fact, but a fact we have to live with.

Was good to meet you at Englishtown.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
I can only imagine how many nice cars must be in Connecticut. Do you have any pics of your old Chevy?

Yea.......I can only imagine myself as I NEVER see really nice example's of Detroits finest. They are all setting in garages as the owners seem to want to "save it for the next guy"!!?? It's gottin really bad the last 5-10 years. Sure, there are some nice examples that go to the local cruize's but generally it's always the same cars. oh well...............................KB

> I can only imagine how many nice cars must be in Connecticut

Not many!

........... just kidding.

Maybe other states are like this, but I find CT split between 2 kinds of "nice cars". There are upscale areas with collectibles, classics, restorations, etc. Then there is everyone else.
That's a gross and somewhat unfair generalization, but not untrue.

We're no different than anyone else - just taxed more!

Originally posted by rick j.
I should clarify TTA89,

It's not that there isn't enough interest for Sy/Tys and TTAs––I plan on running stories on all three at some point in the magazine. But since newsstand draw and sales are what determine if a magazine goes monthly or not, we can't focus on them too much due to the low production numbers. An unfortunate fact, but a fact we have to live with.

Was good to meet you at Englishtown.

I completely agree that you need to write and show what people want to buy and read, but I think a TTA relates to both the F-body crowd and the GN guys, which Is what I think the majority of your readers own. But thats your call, I am sure you get tons and tons and tons of feedback and I don't need to tell you what you already know.

FYI I signed up for a 2 year subscription last week online and purchased the latest mag at Autozone when I was there this weekend. It was a great experience to see what goes into making an article. Its not just a simple take a couple pics process.

I am sure I will catch up with you guys again somewhere along the East Coast as I attend GN and F-body events :cool:

You guys should have seen some of the cars last week at the Wallingford show, benefit for cancer, $3 entry.

Good food too. :D

Sweet cars of all types including some old original CT Dragway cars which they fired up for some strange reason, sounded horrible LOL.

Old dirt track racers in mint condition and some great representatives of Detroits muscle and even luxury cars.

Lots of 50's and 60's cars with perfect weather that night.

Saw Mark H's. car there too. :)