I think I'm ready for Alky

bgndobe

86 GN
After almost a year of saving, I think I'm ready.
I keep reading that it's the best way, and easiest, to get the potential power from our cars.
I can follow instructions with the best of them, so I know I can install it myself (it just may take me 2 days instead of 2 hours :smile:)
I'm a little nervous I have to admit. I'm afraid the first time I use it I'll blow a head gasket or something.
I have a scan tool and have no problems posting numbers if anyone would be willing to check them out for me.
(Go easy.....I'm new at this scan tool stuff)......Do I just post the numbers at idle and then a WOT ?? Do I need to post any numbers from a actual drive down the highway?
Sorry for my dumb questions, but I just want to make sure all is OK before I proceed with the purchase from Alkycontrol.
Thanks, Chris

Post up HOT idle complete numbers & WOT 3rd gear o2's.

As long as you don't do something stupid like run it with knock or go over the boost limit of the chip calibration, you're not gonna hurt the engine.

Alkycontrol

You are not the first to install Julio's kit. If you run into questions during the install, Julio is number one in customer service, has a great product, answers the phone and is patient.
How many businesses can you name that have that?

Alky Rocks!

Knowing what I know now, I'd be afraid NOT to use alky while boosting. :cool:

Joe

It only took you 5 years to realize this....Better late then never. Now if I could only talk you into buying a scantool. :eek:

Jason

LMAO!!! Yes, you have stressed the alky kit for 5 years. I finally listened and couldn't be happier! Joe

best advice I was given: get the car running perfect at normal boost on pump gas. Nice and safe. Then, call Eric, order a alky chip. Call julio, get some 'goodness'. Take an evening reading instructions and laying parts out. The next day, go for it. Put chip in, test Alky system at idle...make sure everything is firing and go drive it still at safe boost. make sure everything is activating then start upping the boost. it's like crack from there. LOL
At this point, I'm at 27psi on 93 octane and uncut M1.