I Think I screwed up

Greyling

Hey Guys,
I bought a replacement TCC solenoid and replaced it this last weekend. The replacement that I bought from Napa Auto came with some funky directions and in order to install I had to cut the wires from the original and splice it in.

Here's the question. The replacement came with some standoffs so that the solenoid wouldn't be in as deep. (It was a bit longer) I didn't even think about it because even though it was a bit longer the solenoid fit right in place. So I'm not using the standoffs,...this isn't going to hurt anything will it???

I haven't been above 45MPH to give it the brake test,....will do so this afternoon.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Yes it will..... hurt it or not function correctly

It will not allow exhaust of fluid for TCC apply correctly. The standoffs are for the fact that the same solenoid is used on a 700r4 and they are universal. The 2004r utilizes a shorter solenoid stalk then the 700r4 so it MUST be shimmed. That is what the standoffs are, shims. Go back and install.

Mark
www.PTSXTREME.com

:mad:

DAMMIT! You've GOT to be kidding me,.....

NOT AGAIN!!!!

Ok,..... will it hurt anything if I wait until next weekend?? Keeping it under 55/60 MPH????

This is killing me!!
:mad: CRAP!

:( :(

I just want to cry,..... I make such a mess every time I have to drop that pan,...... and ANOTHER filter because it seems they won't sell the gasket separately.

hey, that's smooth...

damn dude...good job. maybe you should have played less GT4 and RTFM instead huh?

i'm sure it's fine though....i wouldn't worrry about it, just drive it till it siezes then "throw it in the gutter and go buy another". ;)

so, you wanna race after work? oh wait....

If you have to take the pan off again, you might just want to put a drain plug in there so it makes fluid changes MUCH easier, as well as dropping the pan without making so much of a mess next time. It's very easy to do, and many auto parts stores carry universal kits to install.

If I hadn't installed that drain plug when I did the shift kit, I would not be changing the tranny fluid anywhere near as often as it is a PITA.

Good luck

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

Fix it as soon as you can and don't drive it. Other than that and you are just gambling.

I'm driving slow and plan on doing it this eve. I'm trying to find one of those pumps that I can use to draw the fluid out of the fill tube. I had to dig through the trash to find the stand offs last night and after that I was through with the friggin' thing for the evening! :mad: It'll get changed here today.

Hi Alan. Aren't Dxron shampoos fun?

Do yourself a favor and install a drain plug. You should be able to reuse the gasket if its only been on a few days.

Send me an e-mail and let me know what's going on.

:D Hey Royal,....I wouldn't call it exactly fun,..... Ugggg! Heading to PepBoys to buy a pump today after work. Pulling a gallon out of the fill tube should make things a bit easier first.

You'll be happy to know I've got a 3"ATR stainless exhaust ordered. I went with a single shot. Hope it's not too loud,...but at least the wonky pipes will look better. Also have a new cam sensor I need to get in. Doing homework (reading all I can) right now to figure out how to set the thing without the little tool.

I'll drop you an e-mail this eve. :cool:

Hey Royal,
Sorry I wasn't able to send an e-mail,.... home PC is acting up. Think I have a virus or something,...keeps detecting hardware and trying to download crap from the internet.
:confused: