I sold a car, GOT HOSED, BEEN TO COURT 3 TIMES! HOW DO I GET THIS GUY!!!???

Originally posted by GNFURY
the only way you come out on top is if you use "unconventional" ways of collecting, ie: a baseball bat. sometimes, this is the only way:cool:

Your my kind of guy! You know me too well.

I had the same problem once. Sold a car to a friend and got stiffed on the payments. So I went to his parents house, and informed them that the next morning I was going to pulverize their sweet son to dust and explained why.

Magically when I woke up, there was an envelope with a personal check in it.

A wise man once said: Every man understands the universal language of an ass whip'n-- Turbo GN LOL

Erik

I wound up charging him with a variety of things which he recvd' a sentence for 7 Years.. for poss with the intent to sell/deliver Cocaine, Poss of Firearm by felon, DWI and a few choice misdemeanors..

so thats where all the missing guns and crack from the evidance room ended up?:D

btw heres the hoshers father

26213 Peach Tree Ln
Monee IL 60449
708-534-1727

Scott4
If you really want to find him why not run a scam.

Have someone hit you in the face, Call the cops & say it was the dude SAYLOR that hit you.. Maybe they will put out a warrent for assaulting you.
As the detectives may turn up something maybe they will let you know his whereabouts.
Or have them serve him with a restraining order.

Just an idea to flush him out..

Go to K-Mart ,buy 3 ski masks and call 2 of your buddies,and the 3 of you guys pay him s visit.....,dont forget to take his wallet when you are done;)

what started as good info has turned to rubbish!! hehe just joking..

my favorite line:
your house burns down.. f' u pay me..

I already got a judgement. So thats taken care of. I cant find out where this guy works. What do I do now? How can I have his wages garnished.

Scott

Call the court clerk and they'll fax you a garnishment form to fill out. Put your judgment amount and court cost on there. Gotta find out where he works though. Depending on laws in your state, he may or may not make enough to garnish. If he makes less than about $800/mo, you might be out of luck, or you may not get the full 25% of his check, but maybe something. Call his employer after its filed and see if they'll release every pay period instead of when the full amount is collected. It's up to them, so be nice. Follow up if any check is missed, he may quit his job, or may file bankruptcy to stop the garnishment.
If you can't find where he works, try to find out if he has a car in his name that is free and clear. File at the court again to excecute on that. They may not go for it, and it may not be worth going to that extreme and amount of trouble. Plus, don't let him see you getting the VIN off of his car.
Sometimes, if you warn the employer that a garnishment is coming, they may help you to avoid the trouble of the garnishment. Back when, I had a few employers loan the guy the money and withhold it from his check, if they trusted the guy to stay. Or, they may put pressure on him for you so that you get paid up front. Call the employer before filing and "verify employment" and ask for their physical address. Talk to HR. They'll get the message, and ask you if this is for a garnishment. They may offer to help. They hate working garnishments. If he's in the military, call his CO and he'll get it done for you ASAP.
Some states don't allow garnishments, (TX) or may have limitations that can screw you. Call the court clerk for specific info. Get your judgment recorded at the Chancery Court right now, if it hasn't already been done. That is step 1.

HTH

UPDATE!!!

Well, after taking him to court Jan8th. He called me once again scared tishless. A state trooper had served him at his house! Before they just mailed it. Also, I told him I wanted the money when he does his income taxes. He agreed. So we went to the judge and I gave him a payoff date of February 7th. So we went to the judge and let him know of the agreement. Instead of a judgement like the other judges did, he gave us a continuance until Feb 26th. Why you ask? He says to make sure he pays me by then. I'm thinkin, "excellent idea", especially being that the other guy is so afraid of court. So he calls me tuesday and says he has 1000.00 cash for me. 500.00 short, but nonetheless, I darted over there and picked up my share. I told him we'll work the rest out. So all in all, so far not so bad.

Scott

Re: UPDATE!!!

Originally posted by Scott4DMny
I told him we'll work the rest out. So all in all, so far not so bad.

Scott

Isn't this what you've been doing for OVER THREE YEARS!!!???:confused:

Re: Re: UPDATE!!!

Originally posted by ncgreg231
Isn't this what you've been doing for OVER THREE YEARS!!!???:confused:

Yes but he knows Im not playing around anymore. I got 66% of the money he owes me. 66% is better than nothin. And I told him if he doesnt keep in touch with me, were going to court again.
Being that Ive been doing this for 3 years and seen nothing, I have taken what I could right now and I think 1000 is a pretty good lump sum.

Scott

Two words I didn't notice in this thread:

LIEN HOLDER....

If you want to sell a vehicle, boat, etc. to a friend, relative, whatever, and you're willing to take payments, then write up a simple, basic contract, and list yourself as the new lienholder on the title! Simple as that! Car is in their name, but you still hold the title, just like a bank. If they don't pay, then you can repo the thing!

And they'll have a helluva time selling it if YOU have the title!
:)

Glad you're getting SOME money out of the deal!

??????????????

"A gun and a kind word, is better than a kind word."

Al Capone. 1933

:D :D

Originally posted by Red Regal T
I DON'T SEE WHY YOU'RE MAD AT THE GUY. AFTER ALL, YOU ARE MR NICE GUY. :p

HAHAHA yeah I know john. Ummmmm. By chance, you wouldn't happen to have a 10mm socket I could borrow........for just a second I promise.......:D

Scott

Ah I love it when justice triumphs over deadbeat losers.

:D

Oh yeah, cepena <> subpoena. I kept thinking you were using some weird Spanish term.

Glad that you didn't give up trying to collect from this deadbeat. Chase him down for every last dime; even all your collection costs such as court fees and lost work days. That idiot needs to be taught a lesson NOT YOU. The only thing you need to learn is how to better structure a transaction so that most of your risk is removed. The Lien Holder idea is a great one. Then again, I guess you can eliminate all hassles by only selling for cash in the future.

Small claims courts are usually good to $3000. as long as you have documentation and the $15. filing fee would also be absorbed to the loser. if he doesnt show you would generally win and would require him to pay you within 30 days.HTH