I see the Marauder is getting whacked

not crown vic, grand marquis. :D

its actually a pimped car, it looks great and turns heads.

Originally posted by GotBoost
I got these numbers from car-stats.com:

1996 Impala SS
0-60: 7.3
1/4 mile: 15.6

2003 Mercury Marauder
0-60: 6.9
1/4 mile: 15.4

I don't know who was driving to get those numbers, but right out of the box my 95 Impy did 15.1 with no mods. A few tweaks later and after about 5000 miles it was running solid 14.8s. I still have the timeslips to prove it. I did the throttle body heat bypass, removed home plate and used a billet plug for the intake,IAT resistor, K&N, cold air, ditched the rear resonators, airfoil. Then the rear control arms started cracking so I replace them with boxed and poly bushings. The car ripped (for a sedan) out of the hole and suprised many other LT1 owners. Maybe mine was a freak? :confused: It was good for 139 MPH top speed which seemed odd. It just hit a wall at that speed and I wasn't sure if it was aero drag or a speed limiter that was the culprit.

The downside is that mine was evidently a Friday built car. I had more stupid problems, one right after another. Things from a horrible rapping sound coming from the windshield when you went over speed bumps(never really fixed), the horn would blow if you went over a rough railroad track(never really fixed), rear control arms cracked(replaced), poor quality carpet, poor color consistancy of the interior panels, etc..... The drivetrain was solid and it hauled butt for a big sedan, I just felt that it should have been a little better put together for at that time, $25K. I put 25K miles on the car sold it for $23K:D and bought a Chevy Crew Cab Dually:eek: I knew other Impy owners that didn't have as many problems. I wouldn't mind picking up another one as long as the build quality was decent on that particular car.

Saw one at NED one night last year. It was sharp looking but slow. He had a friend with a SS Imp and they raced eachother. The Maruader went high 15s, Imp low 15s.