I reak of Gasoline/ scanmaster help

Ross L

Is it just me? I can't drive my GN without smelling like gas when I get out.The wife hates to ride in it. ANyway,it runs good but here are my scanmaster numbers(idle of course)
o2: 580-680( shouldn't these move more?)
cc: seem to hang up despite a new o2.
AF: 04
LB: 31
INT: 128
BL: 130
CLT: 165
ATS:95
r: 775-825
TPS: .40
IAC: 25.
I tried a new bosch o2 but the cc hung up completely. Put the almost new delco back in and its better, but still hangs up some.Any help is greatly appreciated.

maf is low otherwise the numbers dont look bad

tt chip is open loop idle so the 500/600 idle with little to no cross counts (cc) is normal

if you smell gas check your exhaust headers for leaks or the fuel lines

Thanks, So my idle should be lower? The fumes are definately coming from the talipipes. I didn't "reset" the IAC but simple adjusted the idle and tps until right.Thanks again

500/600mv o2 not rpm

btw idle is not adjustable its controlled by the ecm and burned into the chip

ahhhh, I c:redface:. Got to go change clothes, it's literally that bad. Any other thoughts?

Ross, are you running a pcv? The fumes you smell may be crankcase evacuation. Check for proper pcv operation.

Also check your cowl seal. Is it missing? If so, the fumes from the engine compartment role right into the cabin.:eek:

Scanmaster #s look good. No trouble there.

GL

I reinstalled the PCV to hopefully eliminate that, but the fumes remain. It doesn't help that my magnsflow's have a hole in the bottom:( The smell doesn't *seem* to come from the engine compartment. I ordered a new Denso o2 sensor just for kicks. I'll throw some fresh plugs in as well.Can't hurt. I do know the freshly rebuilt turbo is letting a little oil by. That doesn't help either.

Ive noticed a smell like that if there any holes in the trunk that the gas tank venting will come into the cabin usually when the windows are down though.Maybe try driving around with the windows up for awhile and see if its as bad.

"It doesn't help that my magnsflow's have a hole in the bottom"
maybe fix the obvious, B4 trying to troubleshoot???