I need some help with THE swap!!!

B

BaDTA

Ok, I need any and all help I can get from anyone on here. A very smart friend of mine has an 86 T Type. He has finally convinced me to ditch the nitroused LT-1 and go with Turbo 6 power. I was happy to ablidge after riding in his monster and with his help have decided to swap a 3.8 into a 3rd Gen Formula. I recently found a 4.1 long block with worked heads for $150 bucks. First off is that a good deal? My buddy said it was a damned good one. Second I need to know if there is anyone on here that wants to get rid of a COMPLETE 3.8 motor. By complete, I mean everything. A/C ( I'm in Texas), turbo, IC, all the accessories and a harness. A turbo T/A harness would be even better, but I'm always up for splicing and electronic work if need be. I could also use some motor mounts since I don't like the idea of paying $300 a pop if I don't have to. So anyone that can help me with this and give me some instruction on the swap would be a Godsend in my eyes. I want to know what I'm getting into before I dive in. I'm a planning person! So anyone that can, HHEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

There is a guy on the board who recently did this swap who happens to be up in the DFW area (sorry but I don't remember his user name.) Try getting in touch with the local buick club, their website is: www.lspbc.org

Doug C.

I have a few peices ,lets see 1 main assoc bracket and one right side intercooler bracket .If instered make me a offer ,I dont need this stuff any more.I live in san Antonio texas.