I need some advice...

ncgreg231

www.turb0buickS.com
I got rear ended. Damage wasn't too bad - but I feel like I'm getting low-balled... So anyone have any advice as to how to get satisfaction? I'm trying to not be outrageously greedy, but I do feel my compensation should be greater than what I have currently been offered!

I wasn't hurt (barely noticable neck soreness) I pretty much already settled that, but the automotive damage is still yet to be determined. Any and all comments are welcome. TIA (thanks in advance)

BTW, this was to my gold 86'!

Tell them the car's made out of gold.

Well, for starters, I assume you have a detailed estimate? What don't you agree with so far as the estimate goes?

For starters: Insurance estimate is $499. One GM bumper filler panel is $333.63, but I need two!!!

Does anyone know if I can demand GM vs. "aftermarket" parts?

Like I said, if I was greedy, I wouldn't have already settled the injury issue (very little...knock on wood...) But maybe I was too hasty with that?

Am I being unreasonable?

-Greg

I've got one so far - the next two as time permits. I guess I'm planning to haggle until I either attain satisfaction or lawyers get involved.

Uh, how much would a lawyer want to make for a case to be worth his/her time?

It wouldn't be worth getting a lawyer. It would cost more than the repair.

What insurance company is it?

Yes - you can demand GM parts but they can also fight you on it. GM parts will also include salvage yard parts. No reason to expect new.
Personally, get the fiberglass ones and make them pay the body shop to make them fit.

The repair is not settled until the car is completed.

Don't sign ANYTHING until you are completely satisfied with your settlement.
Insurance companies often give only 60% of the actual repair value/ cost.
They pay any discrepancy to the repair shop directly.
The insurance companies under cut the repair cost to avoid paying people who leave their car in a damaged state and pocket the money.