I need SLICKS!

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
Anyone out here have a decent set of slicks for sale? Its racing season and ive been wanting to take out my "Danger Ranger"(1997 ford ranger 393 stroker on nitrous) for some grudge racing. I cant seem to find a decent pair at a good price. I really dont have the spare cash to pend $400 on new ones. I have a set of Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pros 28-12.5x15 on it right now but the motor is making WAY too much power for them. I need either slicks or drag radials 28-10.5x15 or somewhere close to that. Thanks in advance.

whats up man i was just on gbodyfourm.com and its a guy on there got brand new slicks for sale or trade dont kno how much check it out

Be careful when buying used tires, they start to dry up soon after they are made. They are date coded. A 5 year old race tire is usually no good, a 10 year old tire is unsafe.

Be careful when buying used tires, they start to dry up soon after they are made. They are date coded. A 5 year old race tire is usually no good, a 10 year old tire is unsafe.

Do tires have a date on them ?

There codes on the tires and I believe one has a date. I do not know how to decifer the codes though.

The last four digits of the serial number represent the manufacture date is. It will look something like "1410." In this example, The "14" stands for the 14th week of the year and the "10" is short for 2010.