I need help on choosing tires

LTNG KLLR

My dad said hes buying me new tires for my car cause hes a nice guy like that any way i currently have

205/60/15 front bfg touring t/a
255/60/15 rear bfg radial t/a

I know i want 275 in the rear he said to give him at least 2 choices I want nittos for the back but they dont make 275/60
so im stuck any ideas guys

thanks

Originally posted by LTNG KLLR
I know i want 275 in the rear he said to give him at least 2 choices I want nittos for the back but they dont make 275/60
so im stuck any ideas guys

thanks

Nitto makes 275/60's now. Check http://tires.com for cheap prices and free shipping

Yep on the Nittos. The guy who bought my T put them on it. They didn't hook worth a crap at the track, but they're probably not designed to hold up to 455lbs/tq on a launch...
For street driving they will certainly help over a standard radial!
However, If you want a little width and deside against the Nitto, I' had always run 265/50/15s in BFG Euro TA's. They're hard to find these days, and may even be extinct by now. The last set of that size I bought was actually a Continental something from Discount Tire, which was rather inexpensive. I just ran those for the sake of keeping the right tire height when not running a full slick. The Nittos would definitely be a better choice over the BFG Drag Radials if you ever intend on driving in the rain. Just keep in mind that with either of these, you'll be replacing them after about 10k miles....

On the street when it rains - a daily driver sees a lot of rain - the best are Nittos. Nittos last about 6k - 10k miles & work well on the street.
On the track - slicks.
Some other owners like BFG, but DON'T get caught in the rain.
I'm currently running 295 x 50 Toyos, but the I'll be going back to Nittos wheneve I retire.

295 50s :eek: They fit? I may have to try them,prolly looks pretty cool.
Also, I run 235 60 Comp TAs on the front, a great tire.
275 50s for the back, the Radial TA worked pretty good, but could use a little stiffer sidewall, IMO.