I need all new body bushings + the missing ones, where to get them all?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
All of the kits for body bushings that I have found, Johns Performance, Postons, Kirbans, all have just the 6 missing ones from the factory. I need those as well as all the originals need to be replaced. Does anyone know who carries all of them? Or are all the bushings the same so I could buy 2 sets of the missing ones?
Thanks

Got all mine from gmpartsdirect. Do a search for the part #'s on gnttype.org and order. Shipping is high but it will still be cheaper than any vendor can get you. I priced them and gmpartsdirect was the cheapest. Got all new ones in about a week or so.
Dan

Call a GM dealer, like the referrals on gnttype site, and ask for the entire set of body bushings for an '87 Monte Carlo SS. About a year ago a set was ~$210.

You can get a set of poly bushings from Energy Suspensions through Summit. It's about $120 if I recall.

Changed all mine lastyear to the energy susp. kit from summit.d.Comes with the missing gnx one's.The car feels like it's on rails.Money well spent!!!

Originally posted by Big Mike
Changed all mine lastyear to the energy susp. kit from summit.d.Comes with the missing gnx one's.The car feels like it's on rails.Money well spent!!!

Yup!!! :D

If odering the Energy susp. from Summit ,do we order the Monte SS or do we order the GN kit anyone have the part number for the Summit kit..
Dennis

Part #'s would be great for the correct ones for the Enenrgy Sus., should we use the Monte SS or the regal to get all of them?
These do include all of the stock originals as well as the missing three?
Also, it appears that there is abushing on the front driver side right behind the front wheel that is not on the pass side?
Same is true of a bushing behind the pass side rear wheel that is not on the driver side... is this correct?
I see a total of 12 bushing to replace/add, that right?

The Energy Suspensions bushings are polyuretane aren't they? And I've heard they make the ride too harsh. Is that true?

And like the poster above, I'm interested in how difficult they are to install. I know that you have to jack the body off the frame to do so.

Doesn't PST or Global West also offer a complete set (including the GNX ones) of polyurethane bushings as well?

Originally posted by lyonsd

I know that you have to jack the body off the frame to do so.

Me did not know this ,hope it is possible to do one at a time ,and not lift the body,,,me scared of dat :D

If you are interested in saving some money on this project yet still retaining a decent amount of stiffness in the bushings, you can use old/new hockey pucks. What you do is drill out the centers of each puck for the bolt holes. For the GNX bushing (which i believe is in the rear fenderwell) you need to use two pucks for each. there is no bolt for this bushing, the bottom puck has to be reduced in diameter and height and if you drill a larger diameter "half hole" in the top one, (not all the way thru it of course) you can make the top portion sit over the bottom one. If you can picture it, it will look like an upside down 2 tier cake. the bottom portion sits in the frame. And I believe we bolted the two halves of the GNX bushing together as well. I do not know the exact dimention of the GNX bushing. As far as how do you install them, you can use a 2x4 on top of a jack to raise the body off the frame once you have all the old bolts loosened.
If this sounds fishy to you i can understand, but I have 14 hockey pucks installed on my car and i remember it stiffening up the car quite a bit after it was done.
Mark Martone is man who gets all the credit for the project. And the hardest part of the project was finding enough hockey pucks to do it....I ended up finding a buddy up north (i live in fl) who went to a play it again sports and bought em for less than 2 bucks a puck.

Did mine last fall and it took around 3 hours.I took one out at a time and when I got to the front it was a little bit harder.Do not tighten them untill they are all changed .I used 4x4 piece of wood and some car jacks and stands.Once they were all in I went back and tightened them down.I also put Bilstien shocks and Eibeck springs.Wow what a ride on the GNX rims.The bolts came out ok(I only have 68,000 klm).Also while under the car I changed the upper and lowers A arms and the back controll arms.This took much longer!!!!
Summit has the kit for Buick GN.And they do come with the missing gnx bushing!

Originally posted by Big Mike
Did mine last fall and it took around 3 hours.I took one out at a time and when I got to the front it was a little bit harder.

Was it the first time you've ever done them?

Yep ,it was .Make sure have air tools and extensions and swivles.Or get a gym membership and work out on the pipes!