I need a motor, have cash waiting

84turbogn

I will get in the 12's
Would like to get a 84/85 block and heads.( don't need intake headers ect...) Anyone in this area or within a day or two round trip have one to get rid of? The car was stolen and blown. Can someone please help! Any condition will be considered. Please help, the caris at a shop and the guy wants to get it out!! He's got tons of work! thanks guys.

Going from your other thread (if I understand right), I would be highly suspicious of a shop your friend won't let you see. I had a friend that always "helped" friends out by taking cars to his shop only to make money off of them. Also the fact that they are looking for a "racing block" sounds like they don't know much about TRs.

You can always go to the junkard and pull a motor out of an 84-85 G-body with the 3.8. Blocks are the same, no such thing as a turbo block. Hypereutectic pistons are cheap and reliable. I looked down on them but after seeing the abuse my dad's have withstood, I have to reconsider.

The 84-87 NA 3.8 heads are the same casting also. The only difference is the turbo ones weren't machined for exhaust seals and the exhaust valves might've been made of a better material.

I finally go to go look at some parts with my friend and we went by the shop his cars at. guy knows nothing about the gn, but is a fairly decent turbo mec. Thanks for the concern because although the guy may be the nicest most trusting guy in the world that dont make him know what he's doin on the car. Oh a guy in town has a bunch of gn or t-type things he's tryin to sell. I'll give anyone local the guys number when I get it again. He has a block from a 87 that has all top grade parts in it. arp bolts and performance rods.girdle ect.. he's tryin to sell that and some heads a ported intake and some exhaust components.Not sure exactly but I know he has to get rid of it. I'll try to get some pics from him and let you guys see what he has. back to topiic So any block will work.(mentioned) Will the heads be able to be used as well? Plan on doin the heads when they get here. Porting ect....So from my understanding the block from a 87 wont work, unless you do the whole conversion. So hot air and non turbo are the same block and heads? If so that will be a cheap route. Anyone need to get rid of their block and heads ready to go? Thanks for the reply.

The 86-87 (109) block will work fine. They use a 20 bolt oil pan, different head bolts, and it's a good idea to use the factory 86-87 headgaskets with it to avoid valvetrain problems. Even with the 109 block, there's no turbo block, they're all the same. Heads are the same from 84-87. Other than the oilpan, headbolts, and headgaskets, everything interchanges on the longblock.

Block's

BUT!!! Most important!!! All blocks are the same but Cool 84 forgot to mention that the turbo crankshaft is turbo buick specific. And only comes in oem turbo blocks and all 4.1 ltr castings.

Please get me info on your buddy with the ported '87 intake.

I am looking for such a piece.

Dont be alarmed if you come across a '85 block with 20 bolt pan. That actually started in '85. Some have it some dont.
YES, as mentioned in other thread and again here, the crank is turbo specific. Although I have heard of some '86/'87 guys getting away with a NA one with success, I wouldnt advise it especially if you can get ahold of the "real-deal".
The block may have been damaged, but have the crank checked to see if it can be reused. Its probably the single most valuable piece of the longblock.

Re: Block's

Originally posted by boostmaster
BUT!!! Most important!!! All blocks are the same but Cool 84 forgot to mention that the turbo crankshaft is turbo buick specific. And only comes in oem turbo blocks and all 4.1 ltr castings.

I didn't forget anything, the crank was already mentioned. Like I said, there's no such thing as a turbo BLOCK, HEADS, and RODS. From what I gathered from the other thread, the crank was not visibly damaged.

so, the block will work and the heads too? Will the V2 intake bolt on to the 87 set up? If thats the case then this engine here was built by a reputable guy and might be worth the $$ he wants.How much does a girdle cost? thanks guys and Iraceit I'll get that to you asap. take it easy.

The V2 is the front entry conversion of the '84/'85 intake... yes it should work for the '87 setup but... you may have to modify the '87 connection inlet tube leading to the intercooler.

*Note... I had one of the first V2 setups created

4.1 liter motor

just asking and wondering

since you say that the turbo cranks were 4.1 liter specific then if i go the some kragen and buy a rebuilt 4.1 buick motor for like 900 bucks should it have that crank in it and i just got a new turbo motor minus the forged pistions??

thell me thats not so?

or is it

slawek
boosted1@yahoo.com