I need a Hot-Air Alternator Bracket

stmello

Anyone selling parts, or parting out an 84-85 regal turbo, i need the Alternator Bracket. I bought one off of a guy on here, it looked fine till i tried to put the last bolt on that holds the alternator, and noticed the threating on the hole came unhinged. It wont start the bolt. The bracket is exclusive to the 84-85 Turbo Regal. the N/A regal bracket looks the same, but the adjustment arm for the alternator is off by 1 inch.

Thanks for that tip. Now im glad i didnt throw out the NA bracket i used as a temp piece when i found the original broke.

If you don't go the 140 amp alternator route then I pretty sure I have a bracket somewhere in my parts pile. Since you're in Cary, NC it'd be fairly local.

Sounds good. Define local though.

Well, compared to California, Texas, New York, Greensboro NC would be "Fairly Local" to Cary NC (one hours drive away).

I may be in the Cary area next Sunday so if you can wait I can meet you, otherwise I could meet you somewhere else.

If you can afford a new alternator, I'd definitely suggest going the 140 amp route. That's why I have a spare alternator bracket:biggrin:

I can wait. When your in town, give me a call and we can meet. Im steve at 919-616-5366.

Thanks

I can wait. When your in town, give me a call and we can meet. I'm Steve at 919-616-5366.

Thanks

Hi Steve, I dug out the bracket from my parts bin yesterday afternoon. There's a guy at work named Russell that lives in Cary and commutes everyday to where we work. I'm going to give it to him today to take back home with him this afternoon.

I'll give him your phone number and get him to give you a call and you can meet up. How's that for local:D