I need a deal on a dishwasher

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
I really want one of those quiet Bosch ones but would rather not spend $900. Seems that is the going rate for the model I am looking at. SHX45something, in black of course :cool: Anyone in the appliance business with access to discounts?

How about this?

Attachments

• PUI-Dishes.gif
    PUI-Dishes.gif
    53.7 KB · Views: 146
I have a feeling the second one would be more than $900. The first, not sure. However she kinda looks like the granny in TX Chainsaw Massacre which would be bad.

Just like cars you never wanna get the new model. Wait a few years to see if it breaks then buy it;) . Mine broke ina whole bunch of places and I'm STILL trying to find replacement parts to fix her:biggrin: Sadly it's starting to seem she's like a daewoo, a bunch of them sitting around that can't start and have no go:p . OK that's enough, she might see this:eek: .

But seriously, my uncle and grandfather have been in the biz for practically all their lives so One thing I can tell you is this. THeir just like buying wash machines. Probably about 300 or a little more for a decent one that has all the same warranty as a good maytag. Any more than that you just as well buy one of the "quiet models". Get my drift? I'm a cheap ass so I could care less if it's quiet. I have GE adn I run the Sh!t out of it with no probllems plus its used (came from my uncles garage). Plus the noise drowns out the kid, wife, cat, and any other small annoying sounds:cool:

Hey I'm frugal also; that's why I posted this! My current machine is likely 17 years old, a Whirlpool and works just fine. However it is noisy enough I have to turn up the TV due to the configuration of our kitchen/family room when it's on. Now if I could figure out how to put a timer on it so it runs in the middle of the night the problem would be solved. Otherwise I have to say goodbye to a bunch of cash. Thanks for the reply. If you get a chance, ask your relatives how much they could sell me a Bosch SHX45 in black for. I have been to Sears, Lowes, and Menards already; same basic pricing everywhere.

I have that Bosch diswasher and it is awesome. It does a ridiculously good job of cleaning and you can't hear it when it's running. We shopped around and bought ours from ABT in Glenview, IL near Chicago. You can order online and these days, you can negotiate prices and we found that for us, they by far were the cheapest. Paul

Hey , Mr Cheapazz. How about a set of $49.00 headfones, plugged into the TV??
No "incoming" from the wife, cat, dishwasher,......
BTW, does loading the dishwasher mean getting your old lady drunk??

LOL;) Actually mine really isn't too bad. It's A LOT quieter than the one I keep for backup:biggrin:
Drank WAAY to much suds that night!

Attachments

• SANY0012.JPG
    SANY0012.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 73
Hey for 900 bucks, that dishwasher wouldn't happen to have a &! button on it would it:confused: . I gotta take my microwave to him sometime so I'll see what he says. Been kinda lazy about it but it will come out. I got as far as unplugging it, that's it. Just remembered my cousin works for bosch out in chicago! And I've been buying those crappy craftsman tools:redface:

Actually you could put a timer on it. Would be easy!

Purchased a $600+ Bosch (SHE44C) dishwasher for a few dollars less than $300 from Sears (dealer store) last year. It was being closed out. The new number replacing it looks just like the old number, with the same features. Full warranty. Make friends with one of the appliance salesman and tell him to call you when he has some close out deals.