I miss my GN...

Orion231

Well guys, I deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in April 2004. Things are wrapping up and I am comming home soon. I just hope my GN is doing ok. I had to leave it in the storage lot under a car cover. Going to change the fluids right there before she even gets started.

I saved up alot of cash here, and I have decided to order a new 2005 Silverado Super Sport. That way I can get an enclosed trailer and store the GN, since I live in the barracks now, I don't have a garage. I thought about getting a used vehicle, or buy a different truck. But it the end, the SS is what I want and I want a new truck. Got plenty of time to spend money and plan for the GN. I hope everyone is doing well. Happy Thanksgiving, and hopefully I'll be back on the board again soon! Been a long time comming!

May the boost be with you! :cool:

happy thanksgiving man, Glad you get to come home soon. Sounds like you got it all planned out. The new SS trucks are a really nice all around truck. An enclosed trailor sounds like the way to go. Good luck and thanks man

Thanks!

I enjoy what I do guys, it's no problem. I just miss the boost! I spent about three months thinking about trucks and in the end I decided that I wanted a clean, sporty truck that would still haul the ole GN around. With 345 HP and AWD the SS shouldn't have any problems. Plus, I like the leather, the XM, the extended cab...

You guys will be happy to know it will be black as well! I decided to order one so I could get the sunroof option. There are only a handful of them so far and that will be a good thing for the ladies.

All in all it will never replace the GN, just help me facilitate the means to keep her out of the weather. Plus I can load up and take her to the track or car shows! ;)

Can't wait to get HOME!

glad your on the way back, there's nothing like going home:) , and a nice ss would look awesome pulling a gn :D ,

WELCOME HOME :cool:

Thanks for your service to our great country and good luck with the black beast when you get home.

wb, a buddy of mine is at bagram (we're usmc)

I feel sorry for that GN, I see how the cars go to hell in the car lot and I can only imagine it would be worse there with the changes in the weather. In cali it hardly ever rains and its very dry.

I hate to be a party pooper but have you considered putting a good portion of that money away in an investment? You dont have many opportunities to save up that kind of cash and with the economy doing pretty well you can make that grow in no time.

I have two older cars and money to spare and I live in the barracks to, alot of the guys with brand new trucks like that are living paycheck to paycheck.

Just my 2 cents, new cars are insanely expensive

Money...

I have thought about saving and what I plan to do is put 4k in my saving account until I can invest it. I have plenty of income to pay for the truck, and stuff. And since all my bills are paid off, I will just have truck payment, insurance and a cell phone. And I am guaranteed to be deployed again next year, so I'll throw more cash in the bank again. It's good advice though man. I wished I was lucky enough to be at Bagram. Only been there twice. Oh well, days go by.