I heard Odel crashed at BG

Sweet6

Just got a text from a buddy said Odel crashed. Not sure on anything. Just heard his car was messed up pretty bad. Maybe someone else can get better info and confirm.

My buddy sent me a text saying the same thing. He said Odell rolled his car He also said Odell was out walking around....so thats good. Can always fix or replace a car.

call from a TSM contact said he saw Odell launch, wheels up, front end bounced a couple of times, lost traction, hit the wall nose first then ended up forward rolling end over end a couple of times. It's pretty much a pretzel. A fork lift or something similar with long forks was coming to pull it off the track. Just glad he walked away.

OC is ok which the most important thing and understandably very upset. He said something like he will take the "lickin and keep on tickin"

Prasad:(

OC is such a nice guy, I am really sorry to hear about the accident, but I am grateful for his health.

I have photo's of the accident. He looked a little shaken up, but was alright. It was nice to hear everyone applaud when he got out of the car.

I just got back to the hotel, rain delay, OC is OK. What a crash!!! It was his first run of the week!! I asked him yesterday if he was going to unload, and he said he was waiting till Friday. It looked liked he lost traction at about the eighth mile mark, he couldn't save it, he got airborne, and ended up hitting the wall in the other lane, on his roof spinning!!! He is OK! His car is totalled. I seen him loading it in the trailer. I bought some parts from him on Thursday, what a nice guy. Phil.

:eek: Oh man. Glad to hear OC is ok. That's all that really matters.

I just hope nothing else happens to any of the other heavy hitters. Be safe out there guys. No hero stuff. Leave that for the Mustang events.

Patrick

I just got back to the hotel, rain delay, OC is OK. What a crash!!! It was his first run of the week!! I asked him yesterday if he was going to unload, and he said he was waiting till Friday. It looked liked he lost traction at about the eighth mile mark, he couldn't save it, he got airborne, and ended up hitting the wall in the other lane, on his roof spinning!!! He is OK! His car is totalled. I seen him loading it in the trailer. I bought some parts from him on Thursday, what a nice guy. Phil.

It was NOT his first run of the week....he had already run a 8.90 something at 157 + Dave Fiscus ran in the same lane right in front of OC and his car also got a little loose in the same spot on the track. The car is destroyed.

I watched it first hand at the tower and I can't believe he came out of that with just a few scratches. The car lost complete control at the 330 mark and hit nose first into the wall and flipped over about 2-3 times. Glad he is OK. The car is definitely not.

Yea Odell hit the wall but hes ok he was joking with me minutes later i can say for sure the track has not been there all week we havent had luck with the first half at all anyways heres a pic of the damage .

Attachments

• odell.jpg
    odell.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 647
Heres another i cant believe i was at his house last week and now its totalled :frown:

Attachments

• odell2.jpg
    odell2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 642
Odell's Wreck

Crappy picture of an ugly wreck.

Attachments

• GS Nationals 2009-05.jpg
    GS Nationals 2009-05.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 585