I have a idea for this section (not sure if I should post it here tough)

ttypewe4jim

pa turbo buick racing
Okay well first off let me just say I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or somewhere else but here it goes anyway....

Well since this section hasn't been that active I have a idea to get it up and running better. Make a post called something a long the lines of Pics of the month entry's thread and let people put in there favorite pictures of different turbo regals or there own. Then once it is the end of the month have a post selected by one of the mods (hopefully nobody gets accused of favoring... I think we are all adults that can handle it :rolleyes: ) and make another thread in here thats called "whatever month picture winner" and leave the post up for a month and maybe even let the person have a little blurb at the end of it telling about there car and give some info on where the pic was taken etc. I think that this would help get some more post into this section and make for some cool backgrounds to save :) the only request that I have personally is that the pics must be at least decent quality and size.

then at the end of the month just dump the threads at start over again :eek: :D I know its late and I'm probably just rambling on as usual but I think this could be a cool idea and I would even be willing to run it if I had the access rights :cool:

thanks for lessening to me make my self look like a moron :biggrin:

I am always open to new ideas for this forum, but what you have to understand is that this forum like all the others is what YOU make it!!!! Not me (the Mod)... Everybody is welcome to post pictures and/or videos of their turbo cars in this section and that is not just limited to TRs... Therefore, I really don't see why starting a thread like this would make much of a difference (if any) in terms of participation in this forum... I tried to do something similar where I started a thread for guys to post pics and/or vids of their TSM, TSO, TSE, etc. car (Turbo Buicks that runs in a Buick HU class or is being built to do so) and I let it sit for two weeks at the top as a sticky with not one post! The frustrating thing is I know for a fact there are guys with pics and vids of their turbo cars, but for whatever reason they choose not to post them in here :confused: AGAIN this forum like all others is what YOU the members make it!!! I can not stress that enough because sometimes people are very quick to criticize or complain without actually doing anything about it...

In your case Jim you are a breath of fresh air as I see you would also like to see this forum become more active... As I said I'm open to new ideas so if you would like to start such a thread titled "Pics of the month" I will gladly make it a sticky and keep it at the top to see if this idea will make this forum more active... Maybe instead of me deciding who is the winner of the month or the "Mods" you could post a poll to let the members decide who posted the best pics.. Back to what I said, this forum is for the members... Everybody is welcome in here to post pics/vids of turbo cars and if you feel like making a write-up to go along with them giving info that is even better :cool:

Cool, I'm glad to see you responded the reason why I came up with this idea I guess is because I sorta figured it would up the perception hell I know if my freaking car wasn't apart right now Id go out and get some killer pics with the way the weather and lighting is right now :biggrin: I just think if people had some sort of a incentive to post pics they would maybe :confused:

BTW I got the idea from Ls1tech.com just in case your wondering and when I make the post could you proof read it for me since my English skills are pathetic

thanks allot
Jim Barnes

ttypewe4jim said:
Cool, I'm glad to see you responded the reason why I came up with this idea I guess is because I sorta figured it would up the perception hell I know if my freaking car wasn't apart right now Id go out and get some killer pics with the way the weather and lighting is right now :biggrin: I just think if people had some sort of a incentive to post pics they would maybe :confused:

BTW I got the idea from Ls1tech.com just in case your wondering and when I make the post could you proof read it for me since my English skills are pathetic

thanks allot
Jim Barnes

I would have responded earlier however I was up in Orlando this weekend for the World Street Nationals... Got some pics I will have to post later!

Yep I got no problem proof reading~ Got me a spell check :biggrin: ;)

86brick said:
I would have responded earlier however I was up in Orlando this weekend for the World Street Nationals... Got some pics I will have to post later!

Yep I got no problem proof reading~ Got me a spell check :biggrin: ;)

lol dont worry I do have a spell checker (Id be lost without it lmao) its just my sentances usually dont make sense :eek: :smile: okay time to head out and finsh installing the front mount ordering a trans pro this week then Il head out and get some more pics of the car