I Hate V Belts

blueta

Why do I think I'm the only person who can't get them to work. I haven't had a car with v belts for a LONG time and when mine just broke I got another one to replace it. So I had it on to what I thought was tight enough and noticed that the temp was like 5* higher then normal. So I pulled off the road and checked under the hood. The belt was sideways??? How can this happen? I had it all in line. So I tightened it some more (still a little play in it) and it was fine for a couple of days. Now, the stupid thing ripped in half. WTF? I am afraid of driving this far because I don't want this to happen in the middle of no where. thanks.

I have had the same thing happen to me like 3 times. I did the same things, tightened it up checked alignment,, everything, but never had one break.. If u r still runnin the stock fan , make sure where it bolts to the pulley that its tight,, little looseness will through it of. Also make sure nothins rubbin or the pulleys rnt hangin up

You may have a bent or wobbling pulley. That is usually the case when you keep breaking v belts in a short amount of time.

Went out and checked the alt pully and it was wobbling. I replaced it and hopefully that cures the problem.

I had a similar problem with a big block motor. It kept throwing belts off. Of course they were cheap Autozone Kelly Springfield belts, I must have went threw 3 belts a week before I went to Napa and got a better quality Dayton belt. The price was 3 times as much but I still have the 1st one I bought on there still.