I Hate T-Top Seals

UnderPSI

After hours and hours of trying to get my seals to actually "seal" I have finally accepted the fact that they are going to leak. They seal up ok for the first ten minutes of water testing but after that, they start to puddle up in each of the front outer corners where that little depression is, just rear of the windshield. Some how, despist all the sealant and strip caulk and window weld, water still manages to get under neath the seals and run down the body and collect in this puddle and then, when the puddle fills up, it spills all over my left leg. Sooo annoying. Well I decided to try something new. Since my car was just repainted and the body beneath the seals was treated and painted with some rust preventative and the center t-top panel was completely redone with por15, it is unlikely that a large ammount of rust is going to reoccur there again for the small ammount of water that is seeping past the seals, I have drilled a small hole in the seal, near the depression, so water would drain out of the depression and into the hollow seal, down the a-pillar and out the drain hole at the bottom of the seal. So far during water leak testing it works well. Don't know how it will do for long term. I'll try to get some pictures.

I try not to, but I'll keep some Home Depo foam pipe insulators in the trunk incase things get really soggy. Right:D