I got one!

edmonds27

Alright guys, I'm a new proud owner of a 1985 Grand National (Resurrection in process) y'all seem to know alot more about them than those idiots at turbobuicks.com seems like thats all they wanna do is talk down to these "hot air" cars personally I don't like that, what do I need to get the best out of my GN? tell me everything I need to know.

congrats and welcome. as far as making it fast or getting the most out of it, do a search and then post back with questions. i just helped someone the other day and told him what to get etc. now if any of our posts lose you, then ask question. dont get me wrong but do alot of reading and research before asking questions. o and there is a few fast hotairs here, just because its a hotair doesnt mean you cant punish some intercooled cars. i know i have ;)

Great car buy, welcome:cool: read the STICKy on the hotair section.http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/hot-air-non-intercooled-tech/33080-basic-hotair-info.html

Pretty much gonna be
Lt1 MAF with translator
better fuel pump&hotwire kit
Alky kit
Better exhaust (meaning tossing the turbo elbow,making a 2.5'' or 3'' Downpipe.
Upgrade to the 86 computer with TT chip

That should get you going

i agree with the above except

Lt1 MAF with translator

the stock MAF is fine unless its bad.

also like i said do a search or search my name under hotair posts and take a look.

Yes, this is my first Grand National I've always like them for there out standing looks and power and how people are always like "aww mannn... Thats a GN!" What I'm Looking to do with it is to make it into a stock looking car and power but with a enough to go to the strip on the weekends, Know what I mean?

i agree with the above except

Lt1 MAF with translator

the stock MAF is fine unless its bad.

also like i said do a search or search my name under hotair posts and take a look.

Yes, sorry i agree:D if the stocker is fine,leave it and DONT DESCREEN IT Tho if you plan to get the ECM and TT chip. Again this is a great site,should help you with any and all you have to ask about. Good luck

welcome and congrats!!! awesome car!!! I had one of those waaaay back... due to frame damage and some rot, it became a donor car, making YOURS more valuable!!! hahahaha

Good luck and welcome to the madness!!!

John

OH AND A SCAN TOOL, i'm in the process of getting that, I already got the ECM upgrade and TT chip on the way. good luck.