I got banned from steak n' shake!!!

For about the past year me, my brother and a couple friends over the weekend after whatever we did we would usually end up going to steak n' shake and that place is so expensive that we would usually tell the waitress that if she gave us free shakes or food we would leave her a "big" tip. Pretty much every time though we would leave her a small tip or not even leave one. It worked out because they go through waitresses like I go through toilet paper, until a couple weekends ago, they caught on (finally) and the manager had a talk with us and said we shouldn't come back ever again. I don't think it should be our fault though because the waitress doesn't have to give us the free stuff and it's not like we pulled out a gun or anything and told her to give us free stuff....o well there's another steak n' shake about three miles down the road anyway so it should still work out just a little farther of a drive.

How about you just pay for the shake? I mean if you're on this board then you're not that strapped for cash or anything. I can't stand people who take advantage of others for their own well being.

its turbo time said:
For about the past year me, my brother and a couple friends over the weekend after whatever we did we would usually end up going to steak n' shake and that place is so expensive that we would usually tell the waitress that if she gave us free shakes or food we would leave her a "big" tip. Pretty much every time though we would leave her a small tip or not even leave one. It worked out because they go through waitresses like I go through toilet paper, until a couple weekends ago, they caught on (finally) and the manager had a talk with us and said we shouldn't come back ever again. I don't think it should be our fault though because the waitress doesn't have to give us the free stuff and it's not like we pulled out a gun or anything and told her to give us free stuff....o well there's another steak n' shake about three miles down the road anyway so it should still work out just a little farther of a drive.

Do you see temping someone to steal for you as being something to write about?. How about if someone stole your GN because they just wanted to save a few bucks?, or had someone steal it so someone else could buy it cheaply?.

its turbo time said:

:confused: So are you looking for somebody to feel for you because you purposely meant to decieve someone?? I don't get it :confused: I would understand maybe if you doing burnouts in their lot or something but c'mon.

Apparently your cheap ass doesnt realize just how ****ty it is to depend on tips for a living.You ought to be ashamed.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Being a waiter/waitress is not the easiest way of making a living, and what you are doing is wrong. It's people like you that make people who work with the public not want to work with the public anymore.

I also hope you don't have kids, but if you do, I hope they don't grow up to be like you, and become at least smart enough to see that you should not treat people like that. You need to grow up, and stop being a parasite.

Your parents own a feed store?

Like the title said? Apparently your pretty well off from what I can tell, and you do something like this to a person who bust their a$$ night and day to make a living.

All I can say, one day you will get what is coming to you....it never fails.

You should reach way down below and grab a couple of ball and go say your sorry to her/them. Period! Not cool dude, so not cool.

It wasn't as bad as I made it out to be, we would leave tips alot of the time. I get what you guys are saying though I definitely shouldn't of been doing it, it was just that I knew the majority of the waitresses from my school to begin with so it was sort of a joke but then I guess we let it get out of hand. You are right I don't know what it's like to have to depend on tips for an income but it's not like I have been "fed with a silver spoon" so to speak, I do work two jobs and although my parents are rather wealthy I have never gotten any type of hand out from them at any point in time and worked at minimum wage for about 9 months to save up for my first car, so I know the meaning of hard work. Not that that's an excuse for what I did, it was just so you know I'm not in the financial situation that you are making it out to be.

its turbo time said:
It wasn't as bad as I made it out to be, we would leave tips alot of the time. I get what you guys are saying though I definitely shouldn't of been doing it, it was just that I knew the majority of the waitresses from my school to begin with so it was sort of a joke but then I guess we let it get out of hand. You are right I don't know what it's like to have to depend on tips for an income but it's not like I have been "fed with a silver spoon" so to speak, I do work two jobs and although my parents are rather wealthy I have never gotten any type of hand out from them at any point in time and worked at minimum wage for about 9 months to save up for my first car, so I know the meaning of hard work. Not that that's an excuse for what I did, it was just so you know I'm not in the financial situation that you are making it out to be.
----------------------------------------------------------
I wish that I could see things as you see them, but I can't get my head up my a$$ that far. You should be ashamed, twice, at least, once for doing that and once for bragging about it. One of these days maybe you will get to be the waiter/waitress in life. I can't believe that you wrote that.

Dude, that is horrible. Financial situation doesn't matter. If you want stuff, pay for it or do without. It's not a bargaining thing. They have prices on the menu for a reason.

And why are you recanting your statement of "Pretty much every time though we would leave her a small tip or not even leave one" with "we would leave tips alot of the time"? Which one is the truth?

On a separate note, I wish they had Steak -n- Shake and Sonic up here in the NE.

"its turbo time" - you're a friggin' idiot and a selfish, greedy one at that. In my view, the manager should have grabbed you by the scruff of your stiff "Give me free food or you don't get a tip" neck, pulled your head out of your ass and kicked it straight out the door.

You don't deserve to go to any restaurant with that kind of stupid ass, moronic attitude. If you tried to stiff my daughter like that, I would hunt you down and kick your ass for her.

Sheesh - people like you piss me off. :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you have an ounce of manhood in your sick ass, you'll go back to that restaurant, apologize to the manager and to ALL the waitresses, leave at least $50 for tips to make up for all the times you stiffed ANYone there, and never go back again.

THAT would be the classy way to make up for at least SOME of your stupidity. Are you man enough to do it?

you are bitching because you got banned from steak and shake because you would get the waiter/waitresses to bring you free stuff. then you told them you would tip then better, then you stiff them on the tip? then you get called out on it and are banned for life.

you're lucky getting banned is all you got and they didn't involve local law enforcement.

you're a real doucebag.

Attachments

• youre_cool.jpg
    youre_cool.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 569
Most new cell phones have a tip calcualator in them,,,use that or what I do is Double the tax for a tip,but i always throw in more when the wife is not looking... :D

back when.........

when I was a topless dancer, tips were what kept us going.

oh sh!t I promised I never talk about that, disregard that last sentence!!

Hey, we were all kids once, learn from your evil ways, and become a stand up guy from now on! ( good service ,good tip- bad service,bad tip)

hey guys, DO NOT BELIEVE THE 1ST SENTENCE!

cruzn57

20% +

I always leave really good tips at my favorite places to eat. I remember going out one Sunday morning and the waitress had a picture of her three kids in her little order book. She put up with alot of crap from customers but I knew why she was working. They like good tips and when you stack your plates before you leave. All the free stuff we get is from managers who see us several times a week.

what a loser. Manager did the right thing. Get a clue *dumbass*