I Cant Find The Wires !

83ttypew03

yeah, so i realize that my speedo,fuelgauge, and temp gauge on my 83 t-type dont work. it sports the old 79-83 cluster with individulal boxes for everything. i pulled off the trim and took out the cluster. seems i need a new speedo cable as mine is fine in the tranny but ends somewhere in the rubber hose on the way to the dash. The fuel gauge wires are nowhere in sight, same goes for the temp gauge. the car has a buch of old aftermarket wires all mixed in with the factory **** from numerous alarms, sterios, cbs and who knows what installed and poorly uninstalled over the years and i cant find whats what.

im going to a tech school in RI and i wanna get the car on the road as soon as possible, thus making it my daily driver so i can get to the other stuff like the brake fluid spewing out the master cyl cap (it needs a gaskit i learned today and i think my booster is shot.) this car has the older master cyl not one with a round booster and plastic reservoir. It has a metal one with 2 clamps and the booster is small and behind it. kinda reminds me of the ones on older luxury cars....

any help and walkthroughs and tips would be super appreciated on those 4 things. once those are fixed shes going on the road and making the honda boys look stupid at their own game...TURBO. ---it still smokes the tires and screws...regardless of the amount of oil im burning. hahaha.

-Brendan
'83 Regal T-Type W03

Your brakes are the Hydroboost II. It uses the power steering pump for assist, not vacuum. Master cylinder's are available at most parts stores and fairly cheap.

The speedometer cable goes thru the cruise control. There are two cables. speedometer---cruise module, cruise module---trans.

Gauges don't use wires (expect the boost lights). They have a flexible printed circuit board. It's the same board that non-turbo Regals use, but it needs to be a 5-pod (most are 3-pod).

thanks alot...

i need to find those straight T ttype emblems and the power six ones too. any ideas ? Ill checking out the gauge issues and yeah, when i put the brakes to the floor the power steering pump does whine...grrr. its annoying and i got plenty of fluid. i replaced the gaskit on the reservoir lid today...its a little better now....ill start playing with it at school soon,

thanks for the help !

I need 4 center caps and all emblems minus the regal emblems. let me know if you got anything

i got N78 rims.