i cant believe i did this

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
ok...venting...last night i went out on my bike for a little while. i got on it to come home, and made the worst mistake ever. i was making a full lock right u turn, and i gave it too much clutch and the bike jumped and stalled...AND FELL OVER!!!!! so much for my near flawless new(well 2000 but new to me) bike. its not real bad, but ill have to replace the right fairing panel for it to look good again, which i probably dont have the money for right now. i cracked it up around the top left corner right where the panel screws into the bike, and its cracked up good. i also scratched the right front turn signal, and bent the brake pedal, and the front brake lever. i was able to bend the rear brake pedal back, and i might be able to fix the lever, but it just isnt the same and i know honda will charge a good $70 for each, not to mention the fact that i will still need a new side panel.

anyone know where i can find a right side fairing for a yellow 2000 honda VTR1000 Superhawk cheap?

Originally posted by orion681
ok...venting...last night i went out on my bike for a little while. i got on it to come home, and made the worst mistake ever. i was making a full lock right u turn, and i gave it too much clutch and the bike jumped and stalled...AND FELL OVER!!!!! so much for my near flawless new(well 2000 but new to me) bike. its not real bad, but ill have to replace the right fairing panel for it to look good again, which i probably dont have the money for right now. i cracked it up around the top left corner right where the panel screws into the bike, and its cracked up good. i also scratched the right front turn signal, and bent the brake pedal, and the front brake lever. i was able to bend the rear brake pedal back, and i might be able to fix the lever, but it just isnt the same and i know honda will charge a good $70 for each, not to mention the fact that i will still need a new side panel.

anyone know where i can find a right side fairing for a yellow 2000 honda VTR1000 Superhawk cheap?
Sorry to hear that,,have you checked e b a y :D

Funny you mention it, my buddies trying to sell the same exact bike. He laid his down too though, trying to run with the more experienced riders on a roadcourse. They got some touch up paint or something and buffed it for awhile, it looks ok now.

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Your best bet is www.servicehonda.com they are distributors for ALOT of larger companies but sell to the public at the same rates.

I looked up some of the same parts on this site and the one I recommended and this one kicks major butt. I thankyou for that link. The site I recommended beats my local dealer by $100.00 on lower fairings and this one beat my site by $20.56!!!! Thanks again.