I can not beleave this!

davege

I can not beleave this Indy Plate is going for $300.00 so far with 2 1/2 days left on the auction! :eek:

Indy Plate Auction

I have a few of these plates I picked up over the years, but only paid a fraction of this amount.

- Dave

mark b said:
Hang onto those suckers! Anything I ever bought and saved is worthless!

All these years I am still looking for plate number 130, even though I have a couple of others. It was the one assigned to my car. If I find it, I hate to think what it is going to take to get it.

- Dave

davege said:
All these years I am still looking for plate number 130, even though I have a couple of others. It was the one assigned to my car. If I find it, I hate to think what it is going to take to get it.

- Dave

Straight up trade: the car for the plate! :)

davege said:
Very interesting owners letter. If the letter documenting the car from PHS is real, I find it interesting, Mister Chevy man, John Lingenfelter owned one of these cars at one time! :biggrin:

- Dave

I have a feeling that car is going to be worth more than $75k in a few years!!
He is one lucky guy...and dumb for selling it :biggrin:

I've been watching that too!
I'm just glad that I no longer have the record for paying the most to get a plate, let alone, the number matching plate to my car, number 231!
I swear, us 20th TTA owners pay big $$$$ to collect, at least more so than other car collectors!

George :cool:

flyc2a said:
I have a feeling that car is going to be worth more than $75k in a few years!!
He is one lucky guy...and dumb for selling it :biggrin:

John died a few years ago on Dec 24-25th from what I can remember . It may add something to the car .. not $75k :eek:

I guess if that was your festival car number then you'd probably want it pretty bad. However it takes 2 people to drive the price up so I dunno who else would bid that high on one. I talked to a guy at a TransAm show this year and he said he had like 3 of the plates and he picked them up at a swap meet for like $5 a piece. I told him they'd probably bring about $200 each. He thought I was crazy when he heard that.

I'm just glad I got mine when I did!
And I have seen the Owner's Kits go for over $650!
So, anyone else have one, besides Dave, Jan and me?

George :cool:

Ok. Found out that they should be matching. I always thought otherwise tho. Learn something new everyday!