hye tec headers

lilredss0287

does anyone have these or had them? i was curious how did they fit? they seem like the best bang for the buck on the gbody site... are they as good as they say they are??

I was looking at the hye-tech 2 weeks ago also. Everyone has told me they are mostly good if you have a 10sec car and the stickers or stock replacements were better for my street use b/c you get better spool up response. I was 2 secs away from buying the hye techs (pricing was good + they were ceramic coated) but coughed up the extra dough and bought the TA stock replacements last week. I installed them this weekend and they fit like a glove. I am very happy with them, fit, form, and function (kinda pricy, though). But I had some cheap Chinese ones and these headers are by far superior to them. Look at the thread I started about 2 weeks back, "what headers to choose". I posted a couple pics and will add some more of the installed headers later when I get time this week. Take your time and ask these guys on this forum, and they will definitely give you great advice.

so i guess its ta replacements for me also, im not building a track car either so i guess these will be the best for me...i think its only a extra 150$ compared to the hye tec

Is the hye tec header a good header for somebody stock who plans on upgrading until low 11s or high to mid 10s? And what do they cost and where do you get them?

Is the hye tec header a good header for somebody stock who plans on upgrading until low 11s or high to mid 10s? And what do they cost and where do you get them?

for someone with a stock setup who plans on going high 10s or low 11s the stock headers welded up are fine. To get there the money spent would be better utilized elsewhere. The stockers only start to become a restriction mid 10s or lower.

The problem with those headers is that the material is so thin they end up cracking in numerous spots. I would go with the TA headers. My 2 cents.

I went 10's with stock ported headers with no problems at all on 22psi, as far as the hey tech headers being thin i would have to disagree with reggie, they are very thick and i have never seen them crack on numerous vehicles they have installed them on, his headers are good for 9.50's all day long, and for the price you cant beat it.

The problem with those headers is that the material is so thin they end up cracking in numerous spots. I would go with the TA headers. My 2 cents.

Reggie hate to burst your bubble but TA headers are 14 gauge steel, hytech headers are 18 gauge and coated at that, the primary runners are 1 1/2 inch and the crossover pipe is 2 1/4 inch, those the exact numbers i got from him, just trying to clarify things for everyone.

I have TA headers, have never seen the others.... but 14 gauge is considerably thicker than 18 gauge.

Although I have not installed my Hye Tech's seem to be nicely built. Thick flanges, tubing materila and the fit appears to be very good.

For the cost versus fit they appear to be very good. Others have liked them too.

I have TA headers, have never seen the others.... but 14 gauge is considerably thicker than 18 gauge.

Beat me to pointing out the thickness differences Rick. The thinner the metal the more it will flex and crack. I'll be making my own header for the drivers side and the flanges and primaries are 14 guage, but the log is 18 guage I believe. Not happy about it but I don't have any thicker matereal for the log right now :(

Reggie hate to burst your bubble but TA headers are 14 gauge steel, hytech headers are 18 gauge and coated at that, the primary runners are 1 1/2 inch and the crossover pipe is 2 1/4 inch, those the exact numbers i got from him, just trying to clarify things for everyone.

I stand corrected.