Hydroboost

Taylor04

Well what do you local guys think? Here are a couple pics...more in the suspension forum. I think the pedal feels much better than stock, and thank god the steering slop is mostly gone.

I will be at the Palm Springs corvette club autocross this weekend testing out the new stuff. Not pictured but I installed a jeep steering shaft, new center link, new idler arm, and adjustable heimed toe links. Also attacked is the flyer for this weekends event, there is usually a really good mix of cars from old to new. Weather should be pretty nice...

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 019_PSCC-Autocross-Fall-2010.pdf
    286.4 KB · Views: 38
nice! is that the unit from the 84/85's? could you post up info on the hoses and fittings.

nice! is that the unit from the 84/85's? could you post up info on the hoses and fittings.

I pulled the hydroboost from a 93 gmc safari ext awd at the junk yard. Had it rebuilt along with the steering box by advantage west in cathedral city. The master cylinder I ordered off eBay from powerbrake drivetrain. The lines are FC-300 hose and metric o-ring to AN-6 fittings from speedway motors. The hydroboost and steering box each require one 16mm and one 18mm. The power steering pump uses one 16mm.

AN6 TO 16MM X 1.5 I.F. MALE o-ring
Speedway Motors part# 617-4806

AN6 TO 18MM X 1.5 I.F. MALE o-ring
Speedway Motors part# 617-4808

Looks good.
Next time my PowerMaster takes a dump, I'm either doing the Hydroboost or the Vacuum conversion.

Looks good.
Next time my PowerMaster takes a dump, I'm either doing the Hydroboost or the Vacuum conversion.

I would really recommend the hydroboost. Never tried vacuum on the GN but I tell you I have much more confidence in the brake pedal now. Driving around town I barely push the brake pedal and the car stops, like it should! With the old junkmaster I had to find the sweet spot in the pedal towards the end where the brakes really worked.

So anyone want my old power master stuff? I have two accumulators, both depressurized and removed properly. The grey brake switch would click sometimes. But the unit itself worked fine, I just thought it sucked.

I would really recommend the hydroboost. Never tried vacuum on the GN but I tell you I have much more confidence in the brake pedal now. Driving around town I barely push the brake pedal and the car stops, like it should! With the old junkmaster I had to find the sweet spot in the pedal towards the end where the brakes really worked.

So anyone want my old power master stuff? I have two accumulators, both depressurized and removed properly. The grey brake switch would click sometimes. But the unit itself worked fine, I just thought it sucked.

I'll take them if you want to get rid of them. If nothing else...at least I'll have a known good back up if my PM breaks...when I'm broke....:rolleyes:

hydroboost works very well, the response i got from my Len when he was test driving after trans install was wuth did you do to you brakes they work very good. it has hydroboost and ls1 disc on all 4 corners. thanks for the info on lines Taylor i want to replace my factory ones.

hydroboost works very well, the response i got from my Len when he was test driving after trans install was wuth did you do to you brakes they work very good. it has hydroboost and ls1 disc on all 4 corners. thanks for the info on lines Taylor i want to replace my factory ones.

I bet with disc brakes on all four corners it really stops. I want to do a power steering cooler first, but after that time to save for rear discs! BTW I used two 90 degree AN-6 for the hydroboost. One more 90 degree for the PS pump. And I used two 45 degree for the steering box. You could get away with straights though if you needed to.