Hydroboost install question

TurboB24

Junior mint
Ordered all parts through O'Reilly's
powerbooster,master cylinder,hoses from the '84 to '85 GN's.

I will need to unbolt the powermaster 2 stud bracket on the firewall,correct?

The HB has a 4 bolt configuration,correct?

So I simply bolt the HB to the firewall,no bracket needed?

Ordered all parts through O'Reilly's
powerbooster,master cylinder,hoses from the '84 to '85 GN's.

I will need to unbolt the powermaster 2 stud bracket on the firewall,correct?

The HB has a 4 bolt configuration,correct?

So I simply bolt the HB to the firewall,no bracket needed?

Yes unbolt the bracket at the firewall from under the dash (4 nuts).
Then mount the hydroboost right to the firewall and secure with 4 nuts under dash.

a1 cardone hydroboost #52-7211
a1 cardone master cylinder #10-1984
pump to hydroboost hose #91660
hydroboost to gear #71187.

Duralast Hoses from Autozone are cheaper than the Oreilly's hoses by far. I dont have the part number on me but just ask for the high pressure hoses fo an 84 GN hydroboost system. YOu will also need 5' 3/8 hydraulic hose and 3/8 brass Tee.

Thanks for the replys.
Just waiting on parts now.
Does it matter where I "tee" in the return line?

Anytime Brother!

Jd-I already have the hydro on my car. I went a different direcion and fabbed all my lines made and used an astro van unit. Question was I saw in another thread where you were on the band wagon for the 2wd s10 spindle brake setup. I would like some feedback on this. I was thinking of going the same direction, but was hoping you could shed some light on your braking with them. I love the idea of an 11in rotor and twin piston caliper. Damn thing stops so nicely now, I can only imagine it with a better setup. I am still using the old tried and true s10 cylinders and dual long shoes in the rear. Just some feedback would be appreciated. thx J

Jd-I already have the hydro on my car. I went a different direcion and fabbed all my lines made and used an astro van unit. Question was I saw in another thread where you were on the band wagon for the 2wd s10 spindle brake setup. I would like some feedback on this. I was thinking of going the same direction, but was hoping you could shed some light on your braking with them. I love the idea of an 11in rotor and twin piston caliper. Damn thing stops so nicely now, I can only imagine it with a better setup. I am still using the old tried and true s10 cylinders and dual long shoes in the rear. Just some feedback would be appreciated. thx J

I think he has the AFX spindles. I don't know why he would trade them for the s10 spindle.

I do actually have the ATS spindles but I do like the s10 set up for a budget. I have been looking for a set at the boneyard for my budget Regal I'm working on. You cant beat junkyard parts, 11" rotors, and dual piston calipers! I would just get the spindles and leave everything on them from the boneyard. Thats my plan anyways! I'll replace the rotors with cheapo standard replacements and ceramic pads from the parts store. Only reason I say get the cheapos is because you cant beat $20 for new rotors, and there's really no need to get the expensive ones other than the warranty. But, for $20, I'm not worried about a longer warranty personally. I do like ceramic pads because they dont create as much dust on the wheels.

I am usaully pretty darn frugal when it comes to upgrades, there are many things that can be done for cheap and work great! The GN was a little bit of an exception because I wanted to go all out. BUT, think about an 11" rotor really. And then dual piston calipers, thats a lot of brakes and a huge upgrade to stock G-Body brakes!

I do actually have the ATS spindles but I do like the s10 set up for a budget. I have been looking for a set at the boneyard for my budget Regal I'm working on. You cant beat junkyard parts, 11" rotors, and dual piston calipers! I would just get the spindles and leave everything on them from the boneyard. Thats my plan anyways! I'll replace the rotors with cheapo standard replacements and ceramic pads from the parts store. Only reason I say get the cheapos is because you cant beat $20 for new rotors, and there's really no need to get the expensive ones other than the warranty. But, for $20, I'm not worried about a longer warranty personally. I do like ceramic pads because they dont create as much dust on the wheels.

I am usaully pretty darn frugal when it comes to upgrades, there are many things that can be done for cheap and work great! The GN was a little bit of an exception because I wanted to go all out. BUT, think about an 11" rotor really. And then dual piston calipers, thats a lot of brakes and a huge upgrade to stock G-Body brakes!

Yes I went ahed and grabbed some this past weekend. I did the same thing, I grabbed each whole loaded knuckle assembles. 35 bux a side. I thought ythat is what you were running already. I think it will be a fantastic brke setup. You are correct I was going to do the same thing, stab on some new rotors, pads and roll! Thx J

Yes I went ahed and grabbed some this past weekend. I did the same thing, I grabbed each whole loaded knuckle assembles. 35 bux a side. I thought ythat is what you were running already. I think it will be a fantastic brke setup. You are correct I was going to do the same thing, stab on some new rotors, pads and roll! Thx J

Cool! What year did you get them from? Blazer or S-10? I've been having a hard time find a 2wd blazer or any of the ZQ8 package s-10s

Does any on here have pictures of the installation of the hydroboost set up..
Or just pictures of the finished thing so I can use it a guide..

Does any on here have pictures of the installation of the hydroboost set up..
Or just pictures of the finished thing so I can use it a guide..

Here are pictures of my car using the O'reilly's '84 set up:

Attachments

• hydraboost 1sm.JPG
    hydraboost 1sm.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 888
  • hydraboost 2sm.JPG
    hydraboost 2sm.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 884
  • hydraboost 3sm.JPG
    hydraboost 3sm.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 897
I am impressed. You actually put it in right side up!

The drain hole is where it is supposed to be. I like it.

You have the mke sure the pedal bracket on the inside of the firewall is lined up with the holes in the firewall.