Hydroboost conversion bracket..Now the astrovan unit is a true bolt on!!!!

I am in for 1 of these brackets , Hold me 1 if you have it, gonna try to catch up with you at mich. ave. cruise. thanks

I put the whole thing in a vice clamped the nut with it and spun th hb off to tighten i used an air hammer if ir takin ot off at the yard just undo the four bolts on the mounting plate
I got my Astrovan HB today. It came with the bracket installed. So I see that the Kent Moore tool isn't needed, since the nut is on the outside holding the bracket on.

I looked at my hydroboost unit and the casting numbers on it are 044 this unit fits the powermaster pedal without using a bushing/spacer idk what year astrovan it came off of i wasnt paying attention when i got it out of the pull a part yard....

As far as the availibility of hydroboost units for the future Gm is still putting them on their heavy duty trucks my 06 and 07 2500 vans both have hydroboost the accumulator is a different color and bigger but other than that the unit visually looks the same im no expert maybe someone that knows more will chime in.....

Good news my buddy is game for making a batch of brackets If you want one they are $95 plus the ride($14-$15 in a flat rate box if im not mistaken) POST UP HERE IF YOU WANT ONE so i know how many to tell him to make he runs a chassis/body shop and im a truck driver so in other words get them while the gettin is good cause it will prolly be a pita to get any more once these are gone....Mods i dont wanna violate any rules and i just want to contribute to the community so if you want some $ for this please let me know so i can price them accordingly as im not doin this for the $.... I WONT TAKE ANY $ TILL THEY ARE DONE....

Put me in line for one. Do you happen to know the diameter of the rod eyelet that fits the stock brake pedal?

Put me in line for one. Do you happen to know the diameter of the rod eyelet that fits the stock brake pedal?
11/16" on my Astrovan HB.
002.JPG

I dont know the diameter pronto, i wish i had wrote it down i measured it with a caliper..Gn rick whats the number on your hydroboost unit? Its cast in on the side...

I looked at my hydroboost unit and the casting numbers on it are 044 this unit fits the powermaster pedal without using a bushing/spacer idk what year astrovan it came off of i wasnt paying attention when i got it out of the pull a part yard....

As far as the availibility of hydroboost units for the future Gm is still putting them on their heavy duty trucks my 06 and 07 2500 vans both have hydroboost the accumulator is a different color and bigger but other than that the unit visually looks the same im no expert maybe someone that knows more will chime in.....

Hi:

The reference matereial that I have shows that this part #18022044 came in the following vehicles: 1995 G10, G1500 Series Van w/JB-5 RPO, also 1995 G20,G2500 Series Van w/JB,JD-5 RPO & Gas Engine. I hope this helps.

Dick Lynch

I dont know the diameter pronto, i wish i had wrote it down i measured it with a caliper..Gn rick whats the number on your hydroboost unit? Its cast in on the side...
The one I got from the local yard has 174 on one side and 962D on the other side. The Cardone unit that I got from Advance has 308 on one side and 962D on the other. So they both have 962D on one side if that means anything. I would have replied sooner but did not get a notification.

What kind of master cylinder are you guys using?
I bought the mid 70's Corvette MC (I think that was the C3 corvette) that Hydratech recommends with their unit. I got the Astro Van MC for the Astro Van hydroboost. Don't have results for either one yet, hoping to have the Hydratech working tomorrow. Turboburick has the Hydratech all working on his car with the Corvette master cylinder.

what year astrovan did you get the hb from and what about the lines do you get it from the same van ?

No updates yet fellas going by my friends this weekend hope to get the ball rolling soon on them...

what year astrovan did you get the hb from and what about the lines do you get it from the same van ?
I think the HB is from a mid 90's astro van. I had custom lines made for my Hydratech unit. Haven't installed the astro van unit yet on my other TR. I plan on using an astro van master cylinder since I know it works with the astro van HB. The resevoir is a little larger, hoping the hood will close. I didn't get the lines from the junk yard with the astro van unit. Probably not a good idea to reuse the old lines as dirt can get into the power steering pump and damage it. I would recommend either have a hydraulic shop (or NAPA) make you lines or get the Aeroquip lines. I used the factory "U" shaped pipe that connects to the power steering pump.

thanks for the info thats next on my list as soon as i put my motor back in .thanks again .