HVAC Problems

cuda6pak

Have a few issues with the HVAC system I'd like to work out after getting my car back together -

1) No matter what setting I have it on, it only blows out the defrost vents. This is something new that happened after the motor rebuild. Thinking I must have some check valve or vacuum line wrong...
2) For temperature control, if I have it ALLLL the way over to the left, it will blow cold, but if I just barely bump it and move it over to the right, maybe 1/2", it goes full on heat. Any ideas? It has always done this since I've owned the car.

Blend door issues along with a vacuum signal issue from the controls. Is it manual or the electronic unit?

The the blend door may need adjusting first, then you need to check out the vacuum to the dash unit. On the unit in the dash you have a vacuum controler that sends the vacuum signal to change from flor to dash to defrost. If it's getting a vacuum signal it may not be sending it to the right location.

There's a member that sells the 86-87 manual on CD that has all the info you could ever need. Don't remember his name but he only recoupes the cost of the disc and a couple of bucks shipped. Do a search and I'm sure you can find a thread or someone that has it.:) You might also try GNTtype.org.:cool:

Check the AC control head vacuum switch, behind the heat/ac controls. Check all the vacuum lines and make sure they are on that plastic wheel. I just had to replace mine because it was split in two.

Located on the pass side by ac box there are 2 hard plastic vacuum lines that run into the cabin from the motor. One feeds vacuum to the ac control and the other runs the heater valve. The lines crack very easy. Run your fingers down and look for a crack.