hurstbuick@aol.com

drive805

whats up.... that was a rude email that was sent to me and i didn't apperciate it. I tried to respond but you didn't leave it open for me so i'm responding here... first i have never talked sh*& about the BGNRA and know Manny... and wanted to join the club but after the email i got it will never happen.... i was disappointed that more cars didn't show up for the races that were sponsered at LACR and said nothing bad about the BGNRA but if that is the additude that you have i wonder how the club would stay in existance in finishing i hope that you treat others better then you have treated me. Mike

u live u learn i guess......u should have gone to carls bad Lou C. was there and he's a huge player in the GN world. Reggie was there he's a 10 sec guys and a good friend. Steve and rick were both there to showing support. Good times.

next time

I have talked to Lou and went to his shop to purchase a harness and met and talked to him there he had a few real nice GN's in his shop and his worker tried to get me to sell mine and buy one there which was cool...my insurance company was going to total the car but i talked them out of it and they fixed the burned harness... and my buddy had Lou do his motor his car runs 12.40's From what i understand LOU knows his stuff and has been either working on or racing GN's for a while great guy and i would do business with him anytime

but the reason for my post was for HURSTBUICK he emailed me about talking sh*% about the BGNRA and that i should kiss his a$$ i have never talked bad about the BGNRA and never will but just wanted to let him know that i will never join the club now and i will voice my opinion about not joining to others that is what it's about.....

i just need to pay closer attention to what is happening i need to log on more then once every five weeks or so to see what is happening and to join in on all the fun and frivolity until next time Mike

Ahhhh... the saga of the BGNRA continues. Kind of a shame. Maybe with the long distances involved it's too hard. The movement sorta lost its momentum over the years. Too many changes in direction: from informal test-n-tunes, to the attempt to hijack it for for-profit schemes by previous club leadership (Not Steve), to just a probable change in priorities by GN owners over the years.

And some of us just have other things to do... fabulous luncheons at the El Torito notwithstanding. ;)

...but kiss-my-a$$ emails from the Club President (for life?) certainly don't help. JMHO.

:D

Mac/SD:

Be nice, the meals @ ET have improved--a lttle. If you do go to the next general meeting, I just may pay for your meal, that way no bitching, heh heh. AND, to add luster for your presence, I may also invite (says he wants to go) Cleve...
:D :D :D

Originally posted by black heat
:D

Mac/SD:

Be nice, the meals @ ET have improved--a lttle. If you do go to the next general meeting, I just may pay for your meal, that way no bitching, heh heh. AND, to add luster for your presence, I may also invite (says he wants to go) Cleve...
:D :D :D

"Hey Beel!!! It's Cleeevland! I need a rooom!" :D :D :D

LMAO! Okay. He can go. But he rides with YOU!!!

I have always been treated pretty well by Steve Hurst and the BGNRA members, even though I am not a member. Whatever your beef was with Steve I think that you should have had the decency to contact him personally by e-mail or telephone and straightened out your differences in private, rather than airing them out in public. I don't think that Steve or his wife get paid for what they do, and they are strong supporters of the Buick community. My only complaint, and it is not really a complaint, but more of an observation, is that they do not or can not have enough shows to keep everybody happy.

BGNRA

Maybe it's not the perfect car club but, then again I do'nt see any one else trying to devote the time to organize Turbo Buick owners in our area. All I can say is that I am very greatfull that when I was a new TB owner (and still) that there was someone that connected me with people, parts, tech sessions, news letters, meetings, and car shows to push me to better my car and my knowlege.Thanks Steve and family.:)

Re: BGNRA

Originally posted by SPOOLFOOL2
Maybe it's not the perfect car club but, then again I do'nt see any one else trying to devote the time to organize Turbo Buick owners in our area. All I can say is that I am very greatfull that when I was a new TB owner (and still) that there was someone that connected me with people, parts, tech sessions, news letters, meetings, and car shows to push me to better my car and my knowlege.Thanks Steve and family.:)

couldn't argee more with what you said....I have always been treated GREAT by Steve personally and everyone that is in the club. It is a great club to be apart of because when we DO get together is has always tured out to be a great time.

I too see many people complaining about how Steve runs BGNRA but yet i dont see anyone doing anything about it...I give STEVE A 10 FOR EFFORT and CLASS in my book.

Well I'll add a couple pennies. I am not a BGNRA member. I have run into Steve on a few occasions. I find him to be enthusiastic and a guy that really loves Buick GNs. I will agree with Gary that my only critique of the club is that I would like to see a few more events scheduled than are currently offered. If more events were offered I would be first in line to sign up. That aside, I think Steve is a good guy and does an admirable job running the club and deserves a lot of credit for his dedication. I know how hard it can be to try and get Buick owners here to get together! Sometimes it seems like you are asking for an act of Congress just to get people to show up for a meet. I also think that drive805's beef with Steve shouldn't have been brought out in public and would have best been handled in private.

i tried in private.....

wells and TRBON8R.......first off i have to say that.....i know one of the clubs officers and i don't have a beef with BGNRA and never will i just won't join the club...
second i tried to reply(as i said in my first post) to the email that i got..... but was blocked ...... i know that hurstbuick(steve i think) is on this site so i thought i would reply here not to rip anyone because i haven't and won't..... but i felt that i needed to reply to the email that i got.. and i think that most of you would have done the same.......... the email i got was short and to the point and again i tried to reply but couldn't. the email said that i needed to stop talking crap about the bgnra and to kiss his a$$..
i thouhgt it was uncalled for because i have never talked crap about the bgnra......... that's all

I am glad (well, not 'glad') to hear that someone else has had problems with the BGNRA. I have been angered by ignored emails, snailmail, phone calls, etc. Unless something incredible takes place with these folks, I'm not so sure I'll be renewing next year. I joined to be linked to a 'GN social pipeline' and to learn tech and such. I don't live anywhere near the locations of any of the get-togethers.....that being said, I get far more of what I'm looking for out of this site. So what did I do? Well, since I can't get my money back from the BGNRA, (who have only responded to me when I initially asked them where to send my membership fees) I would just donate to this site. I called Bruce (WE4) and made a donation. Often I had thought about posting a thread in the Turbo Lounge about them (I've been that mad) but I really hate to do something like that, so I continue to just put up with them.

I've got two words for the BGNRA: Newsletter proofreader.

hey i dont see you doing anything about it xcept complain.....unless you want to live in hurst shoes and do what he has done for the buick community then i suggest you keep your winning behind shut. Steve works very hard to keep the club together and so do the BGNRA REPS! I back this club 100% and until someone else contributes to the southern cali area as much as steve and the BGNRA has then zip it.....

GOOD JOB STEVE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND EFFORT, FORGET WHAT THESE GUYS SAY, THEY DONT KNOW HOW MUCH WORK A CLUB IS.

again and again

for the last time i have said nothing about the BGNRA i was upset about an email that i got saying stop talking crap about the BGNRA and kiss my a$$............... i still haven't and won't talk crap about the BGNRA just will not join the club ... i'm not whining and no i don't know what it takes to run a club i'm sure it's a lot of time and energy. just wanted to resolve something and its turning into a thing..sorry for that but i'm not apologizing for anything else because i did nothing wrong thanks for reading my posts i will not post on this topic again

i could be wrong, but what you said about steve doesn't sound like him at all but who knows i could be wrong. I hope i am, and im over this thread too.....no need to fight a fight that isn't mine. Steve can post if he wants to tell his side of the story, ive put in my 2 cents in and have backed the club so im over it allready.