Hurricane Irene

WH1_T-Type

Hope everyone is prepared. Don't have a garage for my T-type OR my two motorcycles. So here is hoping for the best!

Hoping it will change direction but not looking like it at this point. Looks like a bullseye on NYC but from what I have read to the east of the eye is usually the worst area and guess where we are???

West, right? :)

That sucks. Do you have the ability to run for the hills, or are you like me and stuck where you are at?

I'm down the street from the low lying areas in Norfolk. That area now has a mandatory evacuation. I found a parking garage on base to hide the Buick in, so unless it floods out it'll be fine. Putting my bikes on the north side of the house to block from winds...so again..unless we flood out here they SHOULD be fine...Here's hoping!

Chesapeake

Are you near the old Ford plant off Indian river rd? I think I've seen your car before, I'm in south Norfolk.

I used to be closer to that area then I am now. In 07-09 I lived off of Battlefield by the hospital so good chance you could have seen me then. Was out of the area for a year (Cuba) and since April of this year have only been down to that area once...don't even remember why! lol Now I live in the Wards Corner area.

A neighbor noticed where I had the bikes and offered his garage..so now I SHOULD be good as far as the bikes and the Buick are concerned!

It seems to coming dead at me, coming on shore in Morehead where my mom's beach place is:eek: According to the path I see the western side of the eye will go right by Brian W. and me!

good luck guys she just passed 250 miles east of me here in fl....hope you all make it through it...get the cars to high ground and get them in a garage or get them the hell outta town

Batten down the hatches Shane! You too Brian. Here's hoping we all come through just fine. By what I just read it slowed down and lost some power..good to losing power, not so good to slowing. Spends more time over one area now....grrrrrr....

Still hanging in up here,we have lost power 3 times for about 10-30 seconds but so far holding well. Yard is holding water,goats and chickens hidding in their shed. No trees fallen yet. All cars tucked up safely in the garage and carport. Wind and raining like crazy...I am bored...so far the wife hasn't been scared into labor:biggrin:

I think I even saw TurboPete on TV with his tug in the river holding a Navy ship. Stay safe guys!

looking good here we are right at the top of high-tide and this is what we have.

Attachments

• IMG_1871- webb.JPG
    IMG_1871- webb.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1877-web.JPG
    IMG_1877-web.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1879-web.JPG
    IMG_1879-web.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1880-web.JPG
    IMG_1880-web.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1882-web.JPG
    IMG_1882-web.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 129
Lost power at 7PM sat and it is still out and they say could be up to 10 days before it is back. No real damage on our property other than limbs and debris. Hunted down a generator tonite $850:mad: so we have lights and fridges but no well or ac. Gonna need to get it wired into my panel so I can get well working...lots of fun.

I became an electricain overnite and we are now running with well and lights just no AC. Maybe able to have some hot water for a quick shower tonite. 1 ferry is back so I went to work and Williamsburg is screwed also. They sent us home,no work till maybe Wed...ouch...

At least I get some me time in the garage to tinker:)