Hung with a 2 dr CTS V

Front Mount

Took last Thursday off and had the T-TOPS out of the car so Friday it was to work with tops out windows down. Perfect weather. Just cruising taking it easy, don't like to rush to work ya know. A little corolla got stuck behind some car that was slowing down for a left turn so I let him over into the right and when that car got in the turn lane I took the left lane and the light up ahead was red. Guess he appreciated me letting him over and he didn't cut me off rolling up to light. When I got next to him slowing for the light I saw it - a black late model 2 dr CTS V waiting at the light. Well ya know what's coming, he started to roll out a little ahead of me and about halfway through the intersection I jumped on it and he heard or had the same idea. My turbo was in his ear and his rear tires were at my passenger window. I honestly expected to get killed but the old girl stayed right with the V I could hear his tires chirping (traction control I assume) and guess he got an earful of turbo. Not sure how fast we ran it up, but we let off and rolled to the next light. He said my car sounded good and asked how much power. I said about 300 to rear wheels (looked at some calculators since and found out maybe about 80 low on that estimate), and told him I needed my drag radials the 215 65 R15 tires just don't cut it. He replied he had 556 hp and couldn't keep it straight without the traction control. Actually he did pull just a little when we got to a slight bend in the road - he had the inside lane and it was like running high school track where the guy on the inside could just pull a little ahead on the turns, but that's about when when we shut 'em down. Amazing how these cars can put it down on the street, cause I know he has more power and weight. Don't know how or why, but my tires hooked that day, I usually blow them off. Now reality says maybe I got the bump (start) and he definitely would have pulled me had we been able to stay in it, but from a dig these cars are awesome.

The V's are great hotrods. The Cad-V is today, what the Turbo Buick was in the eightys. With a lot more stuff on them.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike Barnard

My '09 CTS-V HPE 700 lays down 658 RWHP on a Dynojet with SAE CF and I wouldn't leave home without traction control.