Humbled smack talker SRT4 tonight

bert we have the traction bars on in the WRX vid (it hooks a tad bit better now lol just a tad *wink*) the slicks were not on I was still running the blizzak snow tires (shaved them down). clutch is still not in (tomorrows mission) as my customers come first when im doing their installs then I can have time to do my own stuff.

as for the "still waiting on the GN vs SRT vid" it would have been posted if he was not at the oil fields shutting them down... but it will happen hopfully before I leave for a month for training.

By the looks of that video, it does not support your claim of running high 10's (it seems like you should have slaughtered that supposed 12 sec. WRX if your running 10's). Even if you do manage to run 10's in the future, I doubt your neon will handle more than a few 10 sec passes before that chrysler junk self detonates into a million pieces. :rolleyes: :eek:

then you must not know how stout these cars are built did you know there are about 15 other SRT-4's running 10s and daily driven (with over 50 10 second passes under their belt 2 of which are on the stock motor with just mopar stage 3 with a small 50 shot).

do your research it might open your eyes and show you a thing or 2

I know one thing for sure, if your making that kind of power you are claiming, both of those cars should be a lot louder in the exhaust.

I have countless friends in the 400whp or more club with various 4cyl engines and they make a lot of noise.

Both of those cars sound stockish. Nevermind the fact that lag is non existant in your 1-2 shift. Any big turbo is going to lag some, even with NLTS and DBB turbo.

So come on man, fess up and get back to reality. There are a couple other things I can chew out about your mod sig too.

done a little research today and what i come up with is that a 750CC injectors is almost a 72lb injector. 750/10.5= 71.428

so knowing that he is using a 72lb injector i found some more info on fuel flow to BSHP @ 80% duty cycle

@ 80% duty cycle it's showing to be making 400 hp@ the crank with a 75lb injectors it also keeps a static flow @ 43.5 psi so depending on his fuel pressure and duty cycle in his ecm program. he has got about 400 @ the crank with a 750CC injector/72lb. I dunno how much parsitic drag the FWD has before the power makes it to the wheels.

note this is based on injector flow rate and Brake spefic horsepower

go here to research it yourselfs http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

Can i ask what type of walbro 255lph fuel pump that is?

to be able to feed a 750CC injector @ 37 psi of TRACK boost. so that means your getting close to 80 psi in fuel pressure @ full boost (37 psi) this is based on a static line off fuel pressure of 40 psi.

Note: most fuel injectors are rated @ a static pressure of 43.5.

how can a single walbro pump feed 4 750CC @ 77psi of fuel pressure and still have the volume there.

most buicks have to have 2 walbro pumps when tring to make that kinda boost/fuel pressure.

750cc injector flows 11.9 gals/hour so thats a total of 47.6 gal/hr @ 80 % duty cycle.

a standard Wlabro 255 lph pump moves 35 gals hour @ 80 psi. their hi pressure unit moves 50 gals hr @ the same 80 psi.

Dude looks like your out of fuel pump too.

as pressure goes up volume goes down. so anything more than 80 psi of fuel pressure you will most diffently be out of fuel.

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/example.html interesting read here also.

Only thing that helps him is if he is running the meth at that kind of boost. My guess is it is a walbro gss317. I am pretty sure that is the drop in one, could be wrong though. Either way it is nothing more than a time bomb if he is running it like that. 80 psi also opens the relief valve.

Also, to trap 129 in a neon you would need to be upwards of 600whp. I looked up the compressor map for that turbo.... No way. At 60 pds per/min you are so far off the efficiency map it is not even funny.

I would also think in order to run that kind of boost you would need to have your block o-ringed, otherwise you would be blowing out your headgasket quite often.

Here is some good reading of the support of these pumps too. It does depend on which pump he has, http://www.posracing.net/AFR.html

about the srt's... are they fast? yes they are. bone stock theyre still fast. i mean the good ones. the one that this guy at the dealership talked about, was some 'acr' package.. im not quite sure what it was.. but it was indeed DAM FAST. period. are they decent lookin cars? why yes they are. but, you can throw as much graphics, fins, wings, rims, and flat black mopar stripes from the REAL days of muscle on it, and it will still never transform that neon, to anything else..but a neon lol. Now, im not disrespecting that srt at all. all i ever said was, against a modded turbo regal, it will lose. thats all.
and as far as bang for the buck? theres absolutely no match there. that IS about the most rediculous thing ive ever heard. THOUGH, there actually is no fair comparison, as the gn, in BONE stock form, is actually worth quite a bit right now. Id say, with 70,000 miles on it, and in really good condition, youre going to fork out, about 15 grand. Unless you caught a guy that his wife is fed up, and made him sell his toys. (like i did lol) so, actually, a modded gn, (which is kinda undesireable) will usually run about 10-11 grand. A stock srt4, from say 2 years ago, with 27000 miles on her, will still fetch about 14000. a modded one? im not sure at the time. but the stock gn and the stock srt are at different times in their life right now, as the srt is too new, to appreciate right now, being used. as the gn is already coming into its own, and starting to re-demand its original price tag. we have yet to see what the srt is going to fetch 19 years from now. (it could fetch a lot, who knows) So comparing the two, is actually kinda hard. But, as for MY gn, i got it for 10,500 out the door complete, and it was in REAL good condition. it had some crappy hooker exhaust, old kenne belle chip, and ram air kit, shift kit, radial t/a's, and 2400rpm stall. pretty quick too. for what it was. they are actually terrible mods, and i can still whoop most people out there. if i were to buy a bone stocker, for 11000 like my friend jim did. all id have to do, is throw a 56 dollar plenum plate on, 100 dollar adjustable fuel pressure regulator, new pump and hot wire kit for 135, tin man cold air kit for 190, gut my cat, and right where the single exhaust starts to curve over, id just lop it off right there, and run only that for an exhaust, and throw a 75 dollar turbo tweak chip in there, and turn my boost up on some 110 octane, with an engine strap, and at that point, i would need drag radials, cuz anything less would just go up in smoke.. thats 11,000 plus 600 bucks, then if you want, an additional 300 for some good radials, and that right there, is enough, to ruin a set of tires, motor mounts, and crack the A pillars on that car.. For 12 grand, that car would DESTROY your srt... So, the more bang for your buck still goes to the buick in my book. BUT, overall, for a really zippy and fun car, the mustang still holds the title, of the cheapest fun on the road hands down lol. for 7 grand, you can get a decent V8 and have a lotta fun with it :)

Want another example? go here, and add 4 grand worth of mods...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pont...ategoryZ6420QQihZ001QQitemZ110024021417QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buic...25QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6137QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And that would do just terrible terrible things to your srt bro. I mean, your neon would have nightmares for years to come, after a race with one of these with 4 grand worth of mods... thats about a cool ten grand out the door. runnin low 11's... thats beating the new porsche 911 turbo man... for one 12TH the price, and one ONE HUNDREDTH of the INSURANCE price lol.

Chill out everyone!!

AKslowneon, I sort of feel bad for you posting up on a Buick Forum ...what else would you expect from Buick fans...

When I first got my T-type in 1987 and did the usual mods and spanked many cars I got the typical comment of "Yea yea you may have beat me in a race but your car is still nothing but a Buick Regal and how long will that GM v6 last at that power level" Well up to the year of 2004 and 145000 miles later I got my Ttype down to the 10.90's without ever touching the bottom end of the motor, so to all you v8 mustang and vette owners... GM sure made a solid V6. I sold that T-type and regret ever doing that. But now I own 2 - 89 Turbo Trans ams and I currently feel like I own the best cars GM ever produced in the 80's
In 2004 I purchased an SRT-4 and Installed a 100 shot of Nitrous..I can beat many cars from a roll without ever touching the button, from the dig winning was more difficult, the nitrous was my insurance, launching hard with front wheel drive is tough....
My conclusion about the srt is that dodge made one tough motor..I must of put over 20 - 20lb bottles of nitrous through that motor and its still tight..
It all about tunning......
I also witnessed 1200hp stock block srt motors last a whole season of drag racing without ever having to be opened up.
The most HP I personally witnessed from an LC2 buick V6 is 800hp and that motor barely lasted a season.
The SRT brings back memories of the comments people use to say back then when my Buick would beat them... "Its still just a Regal"
Now when I beat people in my SRT I get the comment of "Yea whatever but its still just a Neon"
Well that makes me happy cause I beat your high dollar car with my Neon Hi! .
Street racing in my area involves racing from the dig or 20 mph roll..It all depends on the pre race hustle between the racers. If I knew I had a 10 sec turbo regal I would only race a GT35r SRT-4 from the dig. I would never race an SRT-4 GT35r from a roll......Those SRT-4s Are simply nasty top end vehicles.
Buick GN and SRT-4 are two different types of vehicles for different types of racing.
I respect Drag cars and I respect Flying mile cars... if your car is fast reguardless of vehicle type and your not a cocky individual you got my attention and respect.
Just keep it safe when you guys race..............

Dennis F said:
Only thing that helps him is if he is running the meth at that kind of boost. My guess is it is a walbro gss317. I am pretty sure that is the drop in one, could be wrong though. Either way it is nothing more than a time bomb if he is running it like that. 80 psi also opens the relief valve.

Also, to trap 129 in a neon you would need to be upwards of 600whp. I looked up the compressor map for that turbo.... No way. At 60 pds per/min you are so far off the efficiency map it is not even funny.

I would also think in order to run that kind of boost you would need to have your block o-ringed, otherwise you would be blowing out your headgasket quite often.

Here is some good reading of the support of these pumps too. It does depend on which pump he has, http://www.posracing.net/AFR.html

Even if he is running Meth thru that fuel system he is most diffently way out of fuel. to run methanol you have to use 2.3 times the amount than gasoline.

If he is relying on a alky injection kit @ those levels it most diffently is a ticking bomb.

Also to think this guy installs turbo kits/accesories and he is pushing his own car on the raged edge it makes ya wonder what he does to his customers car just to get a dyno # .

Not tring to rag on the guy but all my comments and info is based on what he has stated in his mods and capable et's/trap speeds.

SloGN said:
Even if he is running Meth thru that fuel system he is most diffently way out of fuel. to run methanol you have to use 2.3 times the amount than gasoline.

If he is relying on a alky injection kit @ those levels it most diffently is a ticking bomb.

I agree. I don't have any experience with alky or meth, but I do know it helps cool the charge air some so maybe it is what keeps his motor together.

On top of that, I still have to suspect his block/head being o-ringed. 37psi is definatly enough to lift a head, even with arp studs.

here is a In car cam of the WRX. (****ty quality I know but hey I was not filming)
http://www.lownslowneon.com/upload/uploads/jpnryan.wmv (right click save as)
as for fuel mods I have RC 750cc injectors with a walbro 255lph pump along with a AGP fuel return line with aeromotive FPR.

we usually run (at the track and street) a mix of 110 and meth however as I said I only pushed 26psi on that race as thats the max I will go on pump before i start seeing knock (which is around 460whp on pump at that boost level)

to those who do not know the SRT platform I suggest you read up as like I have said these cars can push 500whp on the stock block fairly safely. here are a few vids of other SRT's with simular mods running some peppy times.

and as for judging hp by how loud a car is WOW get a clue I have seen many (and I mean MANY) 4cyl cars putting down 500+hp and fairly quiet (look up cheezefrog on youtube.com and see his 500WHP civic run a viper (10 second civic) he is on STOCK exhaust with just a cut out... go figure but hell its a honda so nobody will care. but here are a few other SRT vids that might peak your interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAfz3GeaUY0 (MOPAR STAGE 3 ONLY with bolt ons)

http://www.chicagolandsrtclub.com/vidz/stuey1172.wmv (right click save as) stage 3 with nothing else. 11 sec pass

a buddy of mine on dyno @ 20psi (what I ran the GN at)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETFxDXA7whY (436whp)

im uploading the 10 second vids of other big turbo SRT-4's right now. I have about 15 on my computer of buddies of mine

btw all my tuning for customers cars are safe tunes which means 11.5-11.8:1 AFR's across the board... I wont risk a customers car however mine I run a tad leaner (12.3:1 @ redline) because I know whats done to the car and I know how it reacts and how to counter act adding boost/fuel/juice

I have been building fast 4cyl's for quite some time (10 second starion drag cars, low 11 second DSM's quite a few 11 second hondas).. in order to judge a tuner and a car you must know what the car can do with supporting mods.

I just watched the in car video of the race, does the owner of the wrx need a lesson on how to ride the clutch/ need a two step?
Seems like he dumps it, bogggggs for 1 second at least when you are side by side.
Tell him next time he wants to race, at least get the rpms up enough to get the boost up so its not such a dog.

Well, then you clearly leave him in the video.

Perhaps his car is a 12 second car, but from that GO, it looked like a 14 second turd...

Not impressed by either car, we will see.
BW

I have been big into DSM scene for 6 years now. Name some of the mods and how you did them to get a low 11 second car.

I have a lot of friends with 11,10 second DSM's so don't try to bull**** some made up ****. I know just about every combo and what makes power, since I have done a **** load of them.

I also know the limits of tunes and how **** is supposed to sound. Any 4cyl making big power is going ot be louder than stock. Stock exhuast does not breathe enough to make 600whp like your claim is. So maybe you should get a clue and realize your not dealing with incoherrant donkey sacks.

I have helped a friend build his Galant vr4, 2.3 stroker with every part cryo'd, magnus dogbox and autronic EMS. Car makes 895 awhp.

The motor in my DSM made 701whp in the last car it was in, eagle rods and ross pistons. (stage 2 if you want to talk stages) Keep in mind I have my fair share of turbo cars, I have owned at least 10 different turbo cars and have 3 in my yard right now. I know how to make them go fast. I have done it time after time. I know that your putting parts together in your car that just can't work together. Why havent you said anything about your head lifting at 37psi? No o-ringing or anything.

I know the SRT4 can handle power, but there is a huge difference between 500 and 600whp like your claiming. I posted a really good right up about AFR and target AFR and the limits of a walbro 255 and you call me a futz or some **** because I can tell how a car makes power by the sound of it?

Dude, come on. The compressor map doesn't even support your claims. Not to mention if you *could* run 37 psi, that just means your motor is a big restriction. Maybe it is time for bigger cams and a bigger exhaust. Just remember that there are cars here making that kinda power while still in the hi teen psi boost range.

BTW, just so you know, I am not trying to be a dick or flex my book muscles here, the math does not favor your claims.

Also, thank you for your service in the military :biggrin: