hughes deep pan / magnet ?

dsa87gn

Been looking into a deep tranny pans and the Hughes seems like a nice choice.

One question, don't seem like these come with a magnet. Is there some way to secure the original in there ?

Having the magnet in the plug is a bonus IMO cause it draws everything to the drain hole. Pull plug, clean off the afro and away ya go...... no pan removal

Pullin the pan for filter change anyway. That is one of the reasons gm didn't include a plug.

got me one of these at the local big box home center in the cement area. Like $6, and well worth it.

Back in the day GM did install a drain plug in the tranny pan , Only one BIG problem , In thinking one was changing the oil they would drain all the tranny fluid , by mistake , then put 5 quarts of oil in the engine . So now you have your car with 10 quarts of oil and no tranny fluid . BIG ASS MESS . Now is that the reason they stopped with the drain plug in the tranny ? I have no idea but you know it had to happen .

Hummm...........maybe shouldn't be under the car draining fluids in the first place if ya can't decipher the oil drain from the trans plug :D

One thing I can tell you for certain after spending my life working on cars:

"People do some strange things to cars".

Back in the day GM did install a drain plug in the tranny pan , Only one BIG problem , In thinking one was changing the oil they would drain all the tranny fluid , by mistake , then put 5 quarts of oil in the engine . So now you have your car with 10 quarts of oil and no tranny fluid . BIG ASS MESS . Now is that the reason they stopped with the drain plug in the tranny ? I have no idea but you know it had to happen .

Reminds me of the time years ago when I was hung over, late for work in the middle of winter and dumped a gallon of windshield wash in my radiator overflow in my old Pontiac..duh...

Been running a Hughes pan for 7 years now. The magnetic plug is all you need. Your not going 30,000 miles between fluid changes...or at least you shouldn’t. I change my fluid every 2 summers and the plug has debris on it, but nothing crazy.
For those wondering....my car makes big power....800 plus, so my tranny gets worked over hard. This tranny has about 4000 Street miles on it.