Hughes Deep Pan Filter

Skylard

I thought the correct filter was from a 700, but it's too short.
I asked Hughes, they said it does not take an extention.
700 LEFT----200 Right

Cheers!
I shop at Autozone
Screen shot 2013-08-02 at 8.23.18 PM.png

I may be wrong but the filter shown from O'reily's appears to be for the 4L60-E . My Xtreme 4L60-E uses the one for the factory deep pan . Tex is right about the long and short . I had to carry one back and swap it . The 700-4r filter is wider and almost square at least the one I use in my 200-4r is . I'm guessing the 4L60 -E filter would work though .

Sorry looked up the wrong stuff, look back a few more years to get to the 700r4 stuff i guess.

I just left Autozone- they let me go in the back and look thru the filters.
the 200-4r has the longest neck on it and it hugs the VB.
well i guess its time to customize it.. not what i want to do but i'm stumped.

I thought the correct filter was from a 700, but it's too short.
I asked Hughes, they said it does not take an extention.
700 LEFT----200 Right

Cheers!
I shop at Autozone
View attachment 196440

I recently installed my Hughes Deep Transmission Pan which utilized the 700-4R filter. Unfortunately, I didn't do a side by side comparison of the filter neck lengths.
However, I did need to grind down the 3 bottom filter pads on the cover by about 1/4" in order for the cover to fit without squishing/compressing the filter. Fit great after that.

dave

I don't have an Hughes Deep Transmission Pan, but a Art Carr Deep Transmission Pan and I too used a 700-4r filter, with a 200-4r tranny gasket, and no cutting or adding an extension tube. I know it sucks if you buy the kit which comes with a 700-4r filter and a the gasket is fitted for a 700-4r tranny, and not for a 2004-r tranny.
You will need to buy each item separately or individually of the 700-4r filter and 200-4r transmission gasket.
The photo shows the 200-4r filtration is on the top, where as the next tow photos 700-4r filtration is on the bottom. It doesn't matter comparing them side to side, as long as Dave pointed out you will need to grind down the 3 bottom filter pads on the cover by about 1/4" in order for the cover to fit without squishing/compressing the 700-4r filter.

Attachments

• 2004r GM tranny filter top view.jpg
    2004r GM tranny filter top view.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 700r4 tranny filter bottom view.jpg
    700r4 tranny filter bottom view.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 700r4 tranny filter top view.jpg
    700r4 tranny filter top view.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 222
I recently installed my Hughes Deep Transmission Pan which utilized the 700-4R filter. Unfortunately, I didn't do a side by side comparison of the filter neck lengths.
However, I did need to grind down the 3 bottom filter pads on the cover by about 1/4" in order for the cover to fit without squishing/compressing the filter. Fit great after that........dave

This pan was made to fit the stock 200-4R filter, and if you use a 700-4R filter is is necessary to grind the pads as you stated.

All the Hughes pans I sell and use for the 200-R4 will come with the 700-R4 filter as well as a gasket and bolts.

Lonnie is now using the Hughes when the alum pan option is picked for the 200-R4. :)

I ordered one from Jegs i believe and they swore up and down it would be the correct Hughes pan with the 700 filter. It was not and had the taller posts like the above poster had to grind down and a 200r4 filter. I sent it back and called Hughes directly. They gave me a great price and even tapped a hole for a temp sensor at no additional cost.
They even sent me the correct pan with the shorter pedestals. WHO KNEW?!

D

I think its hit or miss with filter.and the pan.....honestly there is room left to considerably deepen the filter for even better chance at NOT uncovering the pickup in the fluid. A custom filter deeper may not be cost effective tho. It's a very nice either way.

I purchased on from Jegs in the beginning of the year and that did not have the 700 filter either. I sent it back and the exchanged it for the correct pan with the correct bottom feed filter.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app