HRP Wed Night

gottype

Will be going to run my car wed with Chuck P. at Hrp will there be any other Buicks there ?

Jay 86 T-type

My Toyota has a GN sticker on the back window... does that count? You could pull my GN down the track if you want..... :D

---Ron Jr.

We made it out to HRP last night both cars ran good, we made it to the final round. We both had 12.10 dialed and then I red light so I got runner up and Chuck got the Big trophy this week. It was a blast and both cars ran good all night....will go next week.

Jay 86 T-type

Originally posted by gottype
We made it out to HRP last night both cars ran good, we made it to the final round. We both had 12.10 dialed and then I red light so I got runner up and Chuck got the Big trophy this week. It was a blast and both cars ran good all night....will go next week.

Jay 86 T-type

Congrats. I am in the middle of a valvespring swap. The new 60# injectors should be here any day, so that will be next. Probably will have the car back and running in a week or so.

I need to start haning with you guys, Jay... maybe some of your good luck will rub off on me and my car!

We're pulling the engine this weekend. I'm going to try to get the engine to the machine shop next week... Hopefully have it back on the road by May.... Guess I should order a crank before I send it in....

---Ron

what the?

Ron:

What happen to it?

I got my turbo 400 stabbed tonight and need to hook all the little things up. I will be out there to teach Jay and Chuck some things maybe next Wednesday- hehe

RossJ

Rambler-Turrrrrbo:cool:

Originally posted by Ztype
What's up with your motor now? I thought all was going well.

ChuckP

I noticed a noise after a run at HMP two weeks ago. Took the car home, dropped the pan, checked the bearings... rod bearings seemed a little worn on #5 & #6... not horrible... so I pulled the center two main caps just to check... bearings looked fine.. but one of the main caps came down in two pieces... Grrrrr. After re examining my rod bearings, I found that they were .030!!!! I put a new crank in it last rebuild... so the machine shop either ground my crank by mistake or put the wrong one in... either way, gotta pull the motor and fix it...

>sigh< it was running good though... didn't get to make a complete pass, but it pulled the front wheels about 6" on that last run. I gotta get this thing back together....