HRP Needs our help!!

Turtle TR

boioing boioing boioing..
http://www.forumshawaii.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=142577

Just relaying the message across the boards.

I would like to propose a cruise around the state capitol on Presidents day, February 21, 2005. (Time to be determined)

The purpose is to let our friends at the capitol know how large the Motorsports community is.
The reason is several fold:
1. we need a new motorsports complex and I will
be submitting a bill to facilitate this. The race track lease expires in april of 06.
2. Those who support or oppose recon can show their constituency and vehicles .
3. let the legislature know how diverse our public
is in type, style, vehicles, interests and professions we represent.

After several years of pushing, I believe the time is right for a FINAL PUSH for us. It has been far to long a wait and much more difficult than I ever imagined.

Those of you that are receiving this are participants, enthusiasts, supporters, in the automotive business, promoters, automotive marketing or involved in some way or another. I would like to have thousands of people driving there Bikes, street rods, cruise cars, family car, hot rod or trailoring their race cars around the capitol on that day.... very orderly, with dignity and respect. If you want to bring a car full of people who would enjoy walking around the capitol, that would be welcome also.

I am not locked into the 21st. It is a holiday and should be easier for most of you. It will also allow the press an opportunity to be there. If any of you have a better day or idea, I will be open and listen.... its about exposure.

Many Legislators think we are a small minority and don't vote.

without getting to windy.. I would like an expression of interest on going forward and letting all your friends know as well.. If you are, We can set up a coordinator and move forward. I look forward to hearing from you..

Aloha and Mahalo

Michael T. Oakland
Hawaii Motorsports Center

My thoughts on this is that the Motorsports Enthusiasts need to appreciate the track we have now till Grampa finds/gets the needs to build Kalaeloa. It's too late if we only appreiciate what we had when it's too late. Drag Racers would be out of a Drag Strip, Road Racers, Drifters, Autocrossers, would be out of a Road Course. All I used to hear was "We need a new track" I know I was one of them, till I had a better perspective on what we already have. Now the PUSH is for the Legislature to give us what we need. We need a new track...I believe it's time for that, knowing the lease expires April 2006...SUCKS BIG TIME! When will the Legislature listen? I woudlnt know...as far as I know, our race community are usually singled out, usually frowning upon us because of the few bad seeds out there engaging themselves into street racing. So how? We have to make them listen. We have to show them how big our community is. We have to show the Legislature that we shouldnt be singled out because of a few bad seeds, and that we arent all bad seeds. Grampa is proposing we get together for a worthwhile cause, not because we have to...but because we need to, in order for the whole entire racing community getting what we want. I'll be there so show my support to PUSH foward the issue grampa needs. We all need to push foward both the issue about the land lease, how we can postpone the termination date; and how we can help push foward kalaeloa from forum talk to actual constructon and use. sorry for the rambling, but HRP is one of the places I love to go to. It's my outlet...my playground amongst friends. The last thing we need is people who share the same views as us to make the streets our playground. THIS IS OUR FUTURE!

I hear ya Chris but, uh Mike Oakland himself made this post here already. Scroll down some through the threads. Anyways, I think Ill be going in a Buick;) Couldve been a 10R if only..........
Derek:cool: