HRM Pump gas challenge?

LC2FNG

Just curious if any of you hard core TB guys will be stepping up to the HRM pump gas challenge. http://www.hotrod.com/upcomingevents/113_0401_pump/
Saw this today on the gr8ride.com home page, sounds like a pretty good challenge for a true street car. My question is (since I am a new guy) how well would a TB perform in a field like this relying on 93 octane. I have a feeling the field will be dominated by N20 V8s, but it would be pretty damn cool to see a TB in there to mix it up a little.
I once saw a nicely modded GN run 11.9s on pump gas (91 octane here in CA), thought that was pretty impressive, don't know what the more seriously modded ones would do.
HRM is making sound like if you're not running - at least in the 11s don't bother.
Haven't been a big fan of HRM since they endorsed imports in the mag (IMO there are plenty of mags out there covering imports I think HRM is just trying to cash in on the craze, and I really just don't feel like reading about imports) but I will be looking for this issue.

What I don't get is the goal is to have true street cars competing, but alcohol injection isn't allowed. :( Therefore by their definition a alcohol injected car isn't a street car. :mad:

I would guess that the majority of the fast cars (stangs) will be running 10's and I don't think there are enough TB's that will run those #'s on that fuel.

ks:cool:

Hide the alky kit;) ;)

Maybe a 9 sec Stage 2 could run 10s on pump gas?? I know there is someone on this board that has run 11.0x on pump gas /no alcohol with a 109.

I think theyd let you run on pump gas/alky all you have to do is convince them its a street car.It says they will judge applications on individual basis.Im sure theyd let a TR with an alky kit be in competition.

OR how about a car running on straight alchy with 93 oct "injection" just so it passes the 93 rule:D

Let's see, a 17 year old, 231 cubic inch, 6 cylinder, having 2 valves per cylinder, cam in block, with garden variety heads and cam on LOW BOOST versus what???

Sounds like a massacre...

:rolleyes: