HRE's on a Grand National?

Hey Bill,
Who's cars are those? Do you know the specs on the wheels (Size and BS)? I would also be interested in knowing what suspension setup they used to achieve that stance... I really like how those cars look and sit. I think those HREs with black centers would look SICK on a GNX clone.

Sledgehammer (the car with the Simmons wheels) is owned by RobsIron on here.
Wheel specs as far as I know are: 18x10.5s and 18x9.5s. The rear frame was notched 1" No idea on the backspacing

The car with the HREs was just for sale on Ebay a while back and I think some dude here bought that. Not sure who though

Man those cars are sick... I had not seen a "big wheeled" car that I liked up until now, and now Im in love ahahaha. Im repainting my motorcycle right now so I can sell it, and I think I know what Im going to do with the money now :D

So... after looking at the 1000$ per wheel HRE and their competitors... are there any companies out there making similar "mesh" wheels at anything near a reasonable price?

So... after looking at the 1000$ per wheel HRE and their competitors... are there any companies out there making similar "mesh" wheels at anything near a reasonable price?

If you found HRE's for $1000 a wheel, please let me know. Everywhere I've ever seen they are more like $1600ish.

If you found HRE's for $1000 a wheel, please let me know. Everywhere I've ever seen they are more like $1600ish.

Ahaha woops I forgot the plus sign... So Im guessing there isn't anything styled like those in a 20 year old college student's budget huh?? I can swing 2k for a set, but anything over 500$ a wheels is out of my league lol.

Ahaha woops I forgot the plus sign... So Im guessing there isn't anything styled like those in a 20 year old college student's budget huh?? I can swing 2k for a set, but anything over 500$ a wheels is out of my league lol.

most any quality 3-piece wheel will be more than 2k........ especially if you want tires too;)

and fyi... i heard no one sells simmons in the USA anymore...

there's a guy on here with a set of black center CCW classics. Sorry, don't know who. You might try a search. It looks really nice. I have a set on my Vette and love 'em.

The key to big wheels (some 17s and definitely 18s and bigger) on these cars in all in the stance.

19s and I think that they look absolutely sweet!!
GNDPEWheels.jpg

I would have never guessed that I would like 19s on these cars, but the above pick really strikes me well! But anything larger than this really starts to look :rolleyes: ...

The key to big wheels (some 17s and definitely 18s and bigger) on these cars in all in the stance.

19s and I think that they look absolutely sweet!!
GNDPEWheels.jpg

I would have never guessed that I would like 19s on these cars, but the above pick really strikes me well! But anything larger than this really starts to look :rolleyes: ...

I love 19" and 20" on a GN, but the stance is the key as stated above. The car pic'd on the 19"s above is an air-ride car, or was at one point. (I also have pics of it on coils and 18"/20" staggered)If the tire is shorter than the wheel well gap, it looks lifted. A 1" tall tire on a fender well touching the same tire looks fine IMO, it's like a ratio, tire has to be taller than gap. Stance, lets all say it, it's what hurts DONKS, and makes pro-touring/G-machines look so kewl.

Sledgehammer (the car with the Simmons wheels) is owned by RobsIron on here.
Wheel specs as far as I know are: 18x10.5s and 18x9.5s. The rear frame was notched 1" No idea on the backspacing

The car with the HREs was just for sale on Ebay a while back and I think some dude here bought that. Not sure who though

RobsIron posted his specs in a thread of mine... do a search with me as the thread starter, the thread is about 18" vs 17" wheels (I think it's that one). I'll dig it up later tonight if no one has.

I have HRE's

I had HRE make these for the car 17X9.5in front and 17X10.5 rears. the only rubbings is on front with full turn on the plastic inner fender wear it lay over the frame, the rub is really light. If I trim the plastic there would be no rub.

I bought these wheels about 5yrs ago, If I could do it again i would get 18 fronts and 19 rears, But i still like the looke of the 17's.

Attachments

• DSC00218.jpg
    DSC00218.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 622
Is that with all stock suspension, looks like it's sitting quite high, ever thought of lowering it a couple inches?

Stuart

Yeah, pretty much stock suspension. I put 14in Baer Brakes on after that photo was taken, sits a little lower now. I have a stock location 24 row intercooler on it which limits how low I can go right now. I plan to put a front mount on and go lower sometime this year.

19" wheels

I love 19" and 20" on a GN, but the stance is the key as stated above. The car pic'd on the 19"s above is an air-ride car, or was at one point. (I also have pics of it on coils and 18"/20" staggered)If the tire is shorter than the wheel well gap, it looks lifted. A 1" tall tire on a fender well touching the same tire looks fine IMO, it's like a ratio, tire has to be taller than gap. Stance, lets all say it, it's what hurts DONKS, and makes pro-touring/G-machines look so kewl.

This car is owned by a a close friend of mine, the airbags are gone now and it rides on lowered springs and bilstein/ QA1 shocks. 19" are a perfect fit for the wheel wells. I will also have a set of 19s made by truforged wheels, around $3k without tires. The rims on this car are Asanti, I remember them being around $6000 with tires