HRE's on a Grand National?

VegasSE

Hello gentlemen. I'm looking for some pictures of any model HRE's on a Grand National. I can't seem to find anything in the searches so I was hoping you guys can help me out. Thanks.

You're on here too?? I thought it was just SF.
Anyways, I haven't seen any GN's with HRE's on this site. Maybe you can be the first, I've been thinking about it but really hate swapping wheels for racing. :D

You're on here too?? I thought it was just SF.
Anyways, I haven't seen any GN's with HRE's on this site. Maybe you can be the first, I've been thinking about it but really hate swapping wheels for racing. :D

:D Yep...lambopower.com, supraforums.com, streetfire.net, and turbobuick.com. :D I own a GN, Supra, and Lambo, and I like to know EVERYTHING about the cars I own, so here I am. :D

These are the 18s I used to have. Certainly not HREs because I'm cheap, but somewhat similar to some of their wheel styles.

1.gif

r-505-black.jpg

Any wheel can be made to fit a GN if you're willing to use wheel adapters and do some math.

That's a tuff one...

:D Yep...lambopower.com, supraforums.com, streetfire.net, and turbobuick.com. :D I own a GN, Supra, and Lambo, and I like to know EVERYTHING about the cars I own, so here I am. :D

Welcome aboard. Post some pics of that Supra dude !! The only GN I recall seeing with HRE wheels was Abel Ibarra's (Flaco Racing/K&N RX8) Stage GN featured years ago (maybe 10 years) in Turbo Magazine. I still have that magazine but I still haven't figured out how to scan & post :redface: . I did a search to see if any pics popped up & the only 1 I found was 1 where u can see the car sitting dusted in his garage half covered. Click the link then on the pic.
Abel Ibarra Interview: Part 1, Background - RotaryNews.com

These are the 18s I used to have. Certainly not HREs because I'm cheap, but somewhat similar to some of their wheel styles.

1.gif

r-505-black.jpg

Any wheel can be made to fit a GN if you're willing to use wheel adapters and do some math.

Love the blacked out tails. I WILL be doing that thanks to this picture.

Welcome aboard. Post some pics of that Supra dude !! The only GN I recall seeing with HRE wheels was Abel Ibarras Stage GN featured years ago (maybe 10 years) in Turbo Magazine. I still have that magazine but I still haven't figured out how to scan & post :redface: . I did a search to see if any pics popped up & the only 1 I found was 1 where u can see the car sitting dusted in his garage. Click the link then on the pic.
Abel Ibarra Interview: Part 1, Background - RotaryNews.com

Here you go on the Supra. Below is a better tail pic as well.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/me...ly/244726-new-member-pics-my-cars-wishes.html

As for the HRE's, I guess that says something about how they look on GN's since NOBODY is doing them. :tongue:

supratail.jpg

As for the HRE's, I guess that says something about how they look on GN's since NOBODY is doing them. :tongue:

you wont find too many pics..... mainly because us BUICK guys are cheap and cant afford to drop $1200 per wheel [excluding tires] .....if we all had money we would be driving lime green/verde lima - lamborghini's:eek: :p j/k kinda

you will see, We are a cheap buncha guys who nickle and dime our beloved vendors to death.

here's a pic of the closest thing to HREs or GFGs i could afford. enjoy
IMG_3176-1.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

Love the blacked out tails. I WILL be doing that thanks to this picture.

Here you go on the Supra.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/me...ly/244726-new-member-pics-my-cars-wishes.html

Damn dude, what a sweet collection u have there. I dig the Supra. About ur goals with a 1000 + whp GN u will need a stage block, an aluminum stage block is now available these days. Call Dan Strezo @ DLS he can build it & have Cal hartline tune it & you'll have ur 1000+ whp GN alright. Good luck. BTW all the guys mentioned are supporting vendors on this site & are listed @ the bottom of the main page.

Hey man you going to be in Houston this weekend for Supra fest??

we have quite a few wicked 1000+hp street cars here... guess thats why they call us the HP city :cool:

Hey man you going to be in Houston this weekend for Supra fest??

we have quite a few wicked 1000+hp street cars here... guess thats why they call us the HP city :cool:

I won't be, no. The Supra needs a couple small things, and Dana from Virtual Works had to get his own car together this week and didn't have time to do mine. Looks like 09 for me. ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0037a.JPG
    DSCF0037a.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,102
  • DSCF0033a.JPG
    DSCF0033a.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,057
  • DSCF0034a.JPG
    DSCF0034a.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,037
Props on the ROHs, looks real nice. I like the HREs pic'd, kind of an updted GNX wheel look, hopefully larger than OEM also. HRE is definately quality, and Simmons is right there with them.... especially on 1986 car technology.

Good luck with your choice!!
Welcome to the Buick community VegasSE

Here is a couple pics of my car with the ROH Modenas

I appreciate it. I actually have a second set of Simmons for my Supra. That is what came on the car when I bought it.

.......I like the HREs pic'd, kind of an updted GNX wheel look, hopefully larger than OEM also. HRE is definately quality, and Simmons is right there with them.... especially on 1986 car technology.

That is exactly what I thought. Updated, higher quality, much lighter 2008 GNX type look. You are thinking exactly along the same lines as I am.

These are the only pics that I have ever seen with HREs on a GN. I have been thinking about either some HREs or Kinesis wheels for my next GN, I want something different but super nice too :cool: ...

hre1.jpg

hre4.jpg

hre3.jpg

hre2.jpg

Here's a couple that I have. I personally think with these wheels you NEED the GNX flares and it needs to be lowered, but to each their own:

Attachments

• GNXwHREs.jpg
    GNXwHREs.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,040
  • GNXwHREs2.jpg
    GNXwHREs2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 913
Also, as much as I like the HREs on the GN up above (the wheels themselves), I think Heath Elmer still has done it best with the Simmons wheels (now owned by someone on this board). I personally think there is no better out there if you want a big wheel on these cars

Attachments

• HeathsGN.jpg
    HeathsGN.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,027
Hey Bill,
Who's cars are those? Do you know the specs on the wheels (Size and BS)? I would also be interested in knowing what suspension setup they used to achieve that stance... I really like how those cars look and sit. I think those HREs with black centers would look SICK on a GNX clone.