hr parts motor mounts

mybuick

intercooled engines rule!
ive had these in since the first day they were made and i got a new hood pad and when i closed the hood the vacuum block went through the pad. i think these mounts are too high. i bought one of the first sets that were manufactured 3 years ago. i always wondered why the motor sat higher than other buicks. i like the mounts alot and dont need the alt strap but i dont know if there were lower mounts he made?

How bad are your body mounts. If the body is sitting low, then so is the hood, but the motor will be the same height.

ive had these in since the first day they were made and i got a new hood pad and when i closed the hood the vacuum block went through the pad. i think these mounts are too high. i bought one of the first sets that were manufactured 3 years ago. i always wondered why the motor sat higher than other buicks. i like the mounts alot and dont need the alt strap but i dont know if there were lower mounts he made?
Hi there..did you ever get an answer to your question or figure out what to do about the engine sitting too high?
I just did a frame off and dropped the motor back in on these mounts and now I believe I have the same issue you mentioned... The engine appears to be sitting quite high when compared to my friends stock set up..the other reason I can tell the motor is high is the wiper arm connection directly above the coil pack now hits the spark plug boot when I move it.
In the directions for the mounts it speaks to taking a pin out of the mounts to let the engine sit lower..so I may call them about that move....would like to hear what you did to resolve it