HP gain from Champion Irons and Champion Intake?

TURBO E38

I am planning to Spend about $4000 on some more upgrades as follows:

1 Champion ported 8445 iron heads

2 Champion ported lower intake

3 PTE upper plenum

4 RJC power plate for PTE upper plenum

5 1.6 Ratio Roller rockers

6 RJC head gaskets with arp studs

7 PTE throttle body to match upper pLenum

I was hoping for 80 more HP?

IS THIS UNREALISTIC Considering my present COMBO?

Presently I am logging 378 Grams per second maximum airflow @ 23lbs boost with GT-100 unleaded race gas.
I guesstimate this to be be 429 HP.

WILL I EVER SEE 500 CRANK HP with above WISH LIST?

REGARDS, TURBO E38

sorry i cant help i am all flustered with ADDI2D's picture in his post. HOLY CRAP. nice one:eek:

Youre expecting way too much. Id do the heads and intake and buy another turbo.

Youre expecting way too much. Id do the heads and intake and buy another turbo.

WHAT's WRONG WITH MY TE-44 BALL BEARING ? WHAT TURBO WOULD YOU SUGGEST? it has to be Ball bearing !! and want to keep stock torque converter

DO YOU THINK 10% power gain is more inline by stepping up to Champion heads

I think I am 400 HP range now with 23lbs on race gas.

REGARDS TURBO E38

I am planning to Spend about $4000 on some more upgrades as follows:
1 Champion ported 8445 iron heads
2 Champion ported lower intake
3 PTE upper plenum
4 RJC power plate for PTE upper plenum
5 1.6 Ratio Roller rockers
6 RJC head gaskets with arp studs
7 PTE throttle body to match upper pLenum
I was hoping for 80 more HP?

IS THIS UNREALISTIC Considering my present COMBO?

Presently I am logging 378 Grams per second maximum airflow @ 23lbs boost with GT-100 unleaded race gas.
I guesstimate this to be be 429 HP.

WILL I EVER SEE 500 CRANK HP with above WISH LIST?

REGARDS, TURBO E38

Personally i think you are going to spend the money where its not needed on items 3 5 and 7.
I really think you would get more horsepower by running a more efficient torque convertor, a bigger and more efficient turbo along with 3 more psi of boost will get you close to 500HP.

If your stuck on a set of heads, i would contact Russ Merritt on this site, from what ive seen and heard, his heads flow more than the champions.

BW

I think youre looking at a 30-40 horsepower gain max with heads and intake and I dont think the rest of that stuff is worth the money.

Youre sorta stuck if you have a stock converter.. Id maybe go for a TE63 and a 3200 9/11 converter.. PTE might have something equivalent in a ball bearing.. since Im not a distributor for them any more, I really dont know much about their lineup.

WHAT's WRONG WITH MY TE-44 BALL BEARING ? WHAT TURBO WOULD YOU SUGGEST? it has to be Ball bearing !! and want to keep stock torque converter

DO YOU THINK 10% power gain is more inline by stepping up to Champion heads

I think I am 400 HP range now with 23lbs on race gas.

REGARDS TURBO E38

You are in the same boat as me, stock torque convertor and my car has a TA61 turbo and is making right at 500HP.
I want to upgrade to the ball bearing 6162 turbo so it spools fine with the stock torque convertor.

If your bored, read this thread on how little parts my car has done to it to attain 500HP.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...221987-actual-hp-gains-adding-ta61-turbo.html

I will get you a link to the turbo i will be purchasing
BW

PTE PLENUM with RJC PLATE =MORE EVEN AIRFLOW

Personally i think you are going to spend the money where its not needed on items 3 5 and 7.
I really think you would get more horsepower by running a more efficient torque convertor, a bigger and more efficient turbo along with 3 more psi of boost will get you close to 500HP.

If your stuck on a set of heads, i would contact Russ Merritt on this site, from what ive seen and heard, his heads flow more than the champions.

BW

I would put on roller rockers ("JUST BECAUSE I CAN with notched pesdistals of the champions and use chrome moly push rods) and pay for labor once!

THE PTE plenum has with RJC plate has only 5% airflow variation compared to 10% with stock plenum and stock powerplate.

I do not like the top end power loss of a high stall converter!!!
That's why I like ball bearing turbochargers!!

REGARDS, TURBO E38

I would put on roller rockers ("JUST BECAUSE I CAN with notched pesdistals of the champions and use chrome moly push rods) and pay for labor once!

THE PTE plenum has with RJC plate has only 5% airflow variation compared to 10% with stock plenum and stock powerplate.

REGARDS, TURBO E38

Russ Merritt can and will notch the pedistals for the use of aftermarket rocker assy, its a no brainer. Russ is a vendor on this site, i am only suggesting him over champion for YOUR benefit, Russ's heads make more power.

As for the PTE upper, i have 2 sitting in my garage collecting dust.
If you do some research on the PTE upper plenum here, or just take my advice.

When running the PTE upper plenum, it requires you to run 2 more psi of boost to get the same results that a stock ported one can do. I personally did the back to back test at the track in a car making over 500HP. We had to run 2 more psi with the PTE to get the same results we were with the stock throttlebody assy and ported upper., AT THE TRACK
I wished i had listened to these guys before i put my foot in my mouth!

I just suggest you running the stock upper cause you could spread your money towards parts that acutally MAKE MORE POWER!!! :smile:

As for the torque convertor, i said EFFICIENT not HIGH STALL :smile:

Please dont take my post as negative criticism towards you or your plans, i am just trying to suggest the best and most efficient way for you to attain the 500HP goal that your trying to get.

If it was me, i would keep the stock convertor in the car till it pukes.
If you decide the convertor stops being efficient, replace it with a low stall 28-2900 neil chance or PTC non lockup convertor.

Install a set of high z 60's ( no ecm mods needed for these injectors)
Install a BB6162 with the PTE .63 housing
Install Russ Merritts heads with or without the roller rockers.

Is your car broken/ head gaskets popped?
If not, dont pull the heads off, if you end up doing the heads and buy pushrods for the cam you have now, you will be buying pushrods TWICE once you go to the roller cam.

Hope we can get it lined out, that 4000.00 could be spread out and your car should be running mid 10s if setup right.

Take care:)
BW

REGARDS, TURBO E38

Enjoy your roller rockers. When you really want to make power, come back and talk to me. Until then, enjoy pissing your money away.

You might consider a PTC converter. Lots of stall and not much power loss. Mine will stall 4200 on the foot brake and has around 4% slip.

You Are One Flip A$$ Sob Carter

Enjoy your roller rockers. When you really want to make power, come back and talk to me. Until then, enjoy pissing your money away.

YOU ALREADY SAID YOU DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE TURBOCHARGERS< SO WHY WOULD I WANT TO TALK TO YOU< BY THE WAY, YOUR HEADER PIPES WILL END UP AS A PIPE DREAM ,
I will enjoy pissing my money away, you'll never see any of it!

Russ Merritt can and will notch the pedistals for the use of aftermarket rocker assy, its a no brainer. Russ is a vendor on this site, i am only suggesting him over champion for YOUR benefit, Russ's heads make more power.

As for the PTE upper, i have 2 sitting in my garage collecting dust.
If you do some research on the PTE upper plenum here, or just take my advice.

Not to take anything away from Russ but I dont beleive it.Ive got a set of Champion Irons with some additional porting and the decks pinned from Champion and I will bet they flow more than Russ's.Now Russ is probably cheaper than Champion....And these heads ran 10.6's@130 with a ta61@21# in a full weight GN!!I bought them from bilt2run on this board.

Maybe your car didnt need the PTE plenum and TB since you still have stock heads?I will say that money is better spent porting your stocker's to 62mm...

Not to take anything away from Russ but I dont beleive it.Ive got a set of Champion Irons with some additional porting and the decks pinned from Champion and I will bet they flow more than Russ's.Now Russ is probably cheaper than Champion....And these heads ran 10.6's@130 with a ta61@21# in a full weight GN!!I bought them from bilt2run on this board.

Maybe your car didnt need the PTE plenum and TB since you still have stock heads?I will say that money is better spent porting your stocker's to 62mm...

Doing the PTE upper test was on a car with ported heads and intake on pumpgas and alky 6 years ago. TE45a and a 16930 convertor.

From what ive heard, Russ's heads are better than the out of the box cnc champion iron ported heads.

I put in bold the reason why your heads work so well, the set this guy is wanting he wont get that unless he pays even more
BW :)

my throttle body is already 62mm, I like the more even air flow of the pte upper plenum (as from flow specs from RJC racing site)
REGARDS