Hows everyone doing today?

Im doing ok, just got off work, this is my 28th day working 12hr shifts straight with no day off :frown:. But thats ok, about a month ago I finaly got a fun car agian, something that will suffice, but never replace.. my loved and dearly missed 84 Grand National.

I have a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Got it for $2,000.00 It has a rebuilt transmission with upgraded internals.

So far with the money thats rolling in this is what ive done.

- 3" mandral bent Turbo back Exhaust w/Tubular 7cm SS Header: $650.00 Total (The cat back was on it) No CATS!!! Sounds a little loud but nice. Going to replace the muffler with a quiet one.

- Short Route FMIC kit with a 27x7x3.5" Intercooler. Its comming in the mail within the next week. It has a rating of 715CFM good enough for 550hp.
$750.00

GM Mas Airflow sensor and Translator. Comming soon as well. $250 from ebay.

Big 16g turbo w/20g wheel. ported on turbine side and compressor. $450.00 from a friend.

Ive also got 1200cc injectors fuel press regulator and a walbro 255lph pump. how ever im thinking about upgrading to the 347lph pump.

The only thing Im lacking is DSMlink, Its a full engine management system
and my clutch to come, its an ACT 2600 with a street disc

I plan on running Ethanol on the streets at 28psi tuned (hopefully)

It should put out about 435-450 AWHP (Time for a bigger turbo?) and similar torque. And I am going to take it to the track on the next friday im off and see what I get. I am hoping for anywere 7.10s to 7.40s at around 100ish, I cant wait to feel a 7,500rpm @ 28psi Launch on Prostars and Hoosiers.

After that comes the 2.4L built and a GT35R or a GT42R.

Heres some pics of my new baby, and yes i know this is a turbo buick forums. Us DSMers and You GNers have one goal in common, to go as fast as we can and kill as much rice as we can hahaha. (Thinks: "Wait I drive a mitsubishi... Oh yeah Its built in Normal, ILL. Domestic Enough for me LOL")

Here she is, lemme know what you all think.

PS: Dont be shy, post up your rides too, I wanna see them all. Who knows I might just start looking for a GN agian lol :D

codys1ga5.jpg

codys1ga4.jpg

codys1ga3.jpg

codys1ga.jpg

This is what my engine bay should look like when i get the Catch can and FMIC kit, except the Spark Plug Cover Will be black with silver letters. and the Silicone couplers will be black instead of red. But you get the Idea!
dreamenginebay.jpg

So what do you think?
- Cody
90 GSX

Here she is, lemme know what you all think.

PS: Dont be shy, post up your rides too, I wanna see them all. Who knows I might just start looking for a GN agian lol :D

I think you are going to need to change your user name on here :biggrin:
I had a '92 Eclipse for a few years..it was too much of a pain to work on anything under the hood so the day the timing belt snapped it was gone...and just because its built in IL..all the profits still go back to Japan where all the bigger paying jobs that designed the car and designed the assembly plant in IL are ;) The workers that assemble it are the lowest in the food chain for the import autos, not to mention that over 60% of the parts are still made overseas..just pointing that out to all those who think they are doing the USA a favor by buying import cars built here.
Maybe you should go back to one of these :)
TTA-lakebackground.jpg

GN-lakebackground.jpg

I wouldnt mind having one agian, but i just cant find any near me. Besides I really like driving a manual tranny car, and the AWD is just so much fun.

Anyways, im on the verge of pulling the engine, two buddys of mine and my dad are going to do a color change. The right way. on her.

going from Blk/Red to blk/Gray.

Heres the picture of what its gonna look like when done, except the CF hood and hood pins.

91GSX.jpg

So yeah, She'll be nice lookin.

oh yeah btw beatiful GN and TTA

i have had a eagle talon tsi awd. i got it cause it was cheap and i just wanted to part it out. had it for a week and made a grand on it. i also had a plymouth laser front drive turbo car. i drove it for 2 years. i called it uncle bens perveted rice.

Heres the picture of what its gonna look like when done, except the CF hood and hood pins.

91GSX.jpg

So yeah, She'll be nice lookin.

oh yeah btw beatiful GN and TTA
That is a nice lookin car. I did like the way they looked and handled when it wasn't giving me problems. Best of luck on your project.