how to use AUX outputs on XFI?

karolko

I am a new owner of a xfi unit and i have heard of lots of boys using AUX outputs on their units to activate nitrous solinoids and so on.

I plan on using nitrous in the future, but what about somthing simple, can i use xfi to activate a shift light. if so how would i do it. How can you program this into the xfi without altering the tune???

If so, what type of voltage/amperage will the aux send out???

Thanks guys

The outputs send out a ground signal,They are made for turning on relays but will work fine for a light.

You will need some spare ECU pins to wire them in.
The ecu pinout will tell you which one each is.

Obviously use the RPM one for a shift light.

To use Nitrous,There are specific outputs just for that purpose. There are a few paremeters and tuning and on/off
That need to be set for use with nitrous to do it correctly.

None of these will change you current tune,But if hte nitrous is not done right it will change how it runs

Otto J,

i read on the xfi website that the xfi has four aux outputs, all four have two settign they must meet in order to activate. one of the two is aways tps, and the other one varies.

so here is my question, can i change the second variable, or not. for instance if i wanted two AUX outputs with tps and rpm, one for a shift light and the other for nitrous activation, is tht possible?

You can not change the variables. Just use Aux 1 and set the TPS low and the RPM where you want it. Why would you use an Aux output for NOS when there is a specific configuration in the XFI for that? If you use the XFI NOS settings you can select the TPS trigger point, TPM turn on point, timing retard, etc...
I suggest contacting your vendor and getting some spare ecu pins and possibly a NOS harness

haha Cal you are my Vendor.

This is Adrian, George's friend from Calgary.

i never knew that there was a specific option for nitrous on the XFI.

When you come up to Calgary, i am sure that i will asking you with alot of questions.

As for the extra pins, just by looking at the plugs, those look to me as either obdII or obdIb plugs and pins, so in theory i couls just swipe some of them from the junkyard car couldn't I ?

LOL, Hi Adrian! I know the pins are used on Honda ecu's. If you prefer, I will have Holly ship you some. Every XFI has the ability to run NOS. It is a fairly simple deal involving a relay and some wiring. The schematic is listed in the "XFI Help" section. I can email it to you if you prefer.

Hey Cal,

I know that you will be sending up a champion intake and 70mm Throttle body in two to three weeks, so sure, throw some extra connectors in the box for me.

As for the XFI help section, you can send it over. it might be the same thing that i have already found on their website, but send it over anyways,

My email is: adrian.karolko@hotmail.com

When do you think you will be able to make it up to Calgary? I know my motor will not be running for at least a month, so tuning my car will be up in the air.

I know you built my basemap on a 6776dbb turbo setup, but currently i am stayin gwith my T66 bb turbo (you bled me dry). Will this effect the basemap tune drastically???

Thanks alot.

Adrian

I will have to verify this with George. I am tentatively planning on tuning in Vancouver the first week in September and then flying to Calgary afterwards to tune George's car.

The XFI Help Section I was talking about can be viewed by pressing "F1" with the program opened up. At the bottom are wiring schematics.

The base tune I gave you will be close enough for either turbo.

Awesome Cal,

I am very excited to have you come visit us in Calgary. I know i will learn alot just watching you play with George's car. Mine, well you can look at it, but that will be about it.

Adrian

I read somewhere here recently that Cal wired up a relay to turn on the second pump in a double-pumper arrangement with XFI. Looking at the FAST instructions this seems to be fairly straightforward using the Power Adder outputs. Since the Power Adder triggers are TPS and RPM (not boost as with the Hobbs switch that comes with the 'stock' double pumper arrangement), what turn-on points are recommended for the 2nd pump?

I assume, also, that I connect 12V+ to the pink wire on pin F to enable the POWAD function. The manual recommends hooking it up to a switch, but since it will be controlling the 2nd fuel pump I think I should hook it to an igntion-on power source.

Thanks,
Jim

I would recommend you use Aux 2 Output. Most of my customers have the trans brake attached to the Power Adder Enable

I would recommend you use Aux 2 Output. Most of my customers have the trans brake attached to the Power Adder Enable

Cool - I missed that in the instructions, despite the section having been labeled AUX OUTPUTS :p. I can use TPS% and MAP as triggers for AUX2 - awesome!

Thanks,
Jim